TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

6 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

What was the original topic of this post again? I feel like I've gone to the movies and got lost in the previews. 

I think theres a competition or something? Apparently Cadets and Boston fans are having a fight as an encore. At least from these posts it seems that way.

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

The weather today - oh my lord. 80 degrees, nice breeze, zero humidity, and Carolina Blue Sky as far as the eyes can see. The drum corps Gods love us!!

Ah now I see the problem Crown was avoiding by having those little storms and thunderclaps and lightning bolts most years.

At Wake Forest, will the locals go anti-Duke when the Blue Devils take the field?  Cadets' center snare is a Dukie where Duke's DM this season is a Cadet alum.  May be a problem at Wake Forest being both a Cadet AND a Blue Devil.

Those basketball rivalries in that state tend to run deep and vocal.

35 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Well, Mr. Craiga, prim and proper.

Since you invite questions, I have one. In this day and age of DCI's licensing proprieties, just how much does your corps pay each season for permission to copy Lowenbrau's copyrighted mascot logo and imprint it on your merchandise?  Or is that another artistic bend of DCI protocols? https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Loewenbraeu_Bayern_Logo.svg

Let's just have a nice and great contest tonite and rejoice for Crown that it isn't raining. They can retire the Carolina Cloud moniker.

Will you be posting a similar message to George?   He is well aware that the topic has been mentioned many times this year?

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Will you be posting a similar message to George?   He is well aware that the topic has been mentioned many times this year?

he's concerned about the Boston logo too?

18 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

I think theres a competition or something? Apparently Cadets and Boston fans are having a fight as an encore. At least from these posts it seems that way.

I would say that almost all Cadets and Boston fans/ alums get along just fine. Lots of staffers, marchers have gone to the Cadets over the decades from the Boston Crusaders and things have gone very smoothly. if a few Cadets alums, fans are getting a little testy these days, for one reason or another, its really not anyone's fault in either Corps fan base, or alum base. Both camps really do get along just fine when they are together. Most in both Corps camps have optimistic hopes the Cadets will come back to Massachusetts to compete in Boston's Home show once again next season as a matter of fact. The invitation is there from what we all are hearing, and its hoped their travel plans next summer will permit it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

BREAK 90 CAVIES!!!! WOOOOOOOO

They almost did so last nite, and could/ should tonite. Good lineup tonite too.

• Like 1