What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

2 minutes ago, monoemono said:

It's funny, there haven't been too many placement changes, especially near the top, but everything's tight enough to keep the season exciting! Nothing is really decided for certain just yet.

I've said the Cavies show is a top 3 show from the season opener. They have a hill to climb but you never know what can happen. They're certainly close. 

How I see things ending, or atleast how I want to see things end, is

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Bloo

4. Cavies

5. Crown

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

The evolution of the activity has increased the subjective element, so not much you can really do to stop this mentality.

Something becomes cool somehow in a given season, and it is written

I agree. As a Cadets fan I was shocked by their (high) scores in 2011. (not GE but performance captions) and then in 2013 I was shocked by their low GE/visual scores and then in 2015 I was shocked again and then in 2016 I was shocked by their low brass/percussion scores

I literally could say the same about the swings in many corps. Crown was dumped in 2012 and then over scored in 13 and then dumped in 14. Etc.

Bluecoats are not getting much credit this year - and it feels like both Boston (bare with me for a second) and Cavaliers are getting a ton. Boston doesn't have nearly the content of the other top corps and Cavaliers do not complete a single musical thought in 13 minutes of running around. It's amazing. and yet they are getting very high (music) GE scores?

Then you have corps like Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Regiment etc being very toughly scored for "dirty" because they have more visual content

It's all very interesting. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cappybara said:

I've said the Cavies show is a top 3 show from the season opener. They have a hill to climb but you never know what can happen. They're certainly close. 

How I see things ending, or atleast how I want to see things end, is

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Bloo

4. Cavies

5. Crown

God I hope that doesn't happen. Cavaliers should be getting DUMPED in GE Music/Analysis. Crushed in fact.

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

God I hope that doesn't happen. Cavaliers should be getting DUMPED in GE Music/Analysis. Crushed in fact.

Why do you say that?

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I agree. As a Cadets fan I was shocked by their (high) scores in 2011. (not GE but performance captions) and then in 2013 I was shocked by their low GE/visual scores and then in 2015 I was shocked again and then in 2016 I was shocked by their low brass/percussion scores

I literally could say the same about the swings in many corps. Crown was dumped in 2012 and then over scored in 13 and then dumped in 14. Etc.

Bluecoats are not getting much credit this year - and it feels like both Boston (bare with me for a second) and Cavaliers are getting a ton. Boston doesn't have nearly the content of the other top corps and Cavaliers do not complete a single musical thought in 13 minutes of running around. It's amazing. and yet they are getting very high (music) GE scores?

Then you have corps like Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Regiment etc being very toughly scored for "dirty" because they have more visual content

It's all very interesting. 

Assigning numbers to modern DCI is square peg/round hole.  But, the competitive aspect is what keeps us glooed to DCP right, and the horse race aspect is fun.

There are also those times when late cleaning by a corps is legitimately rewarded.  See Phantom 96 2008. And those are the most exciting finals weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

Assigning numbers to modern DCI is square peg/round hole.  But, the competitive aspect is what keeps us glooed to DCP right, and the horse race aspect is fun.

There are also those times when late cleaning by a corps is legitimately rewarded.  See Phantom 96 2008. And those are the most exciting finals weeks.

Absolutely!