BRING BACK BUGLES!!!

15 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

G bugles weren't in tune?  Jim Ott is laughing at you from heaven.

I guarantee you that Mr. Ott would love to the brass instruments of today back when he was leading horn lines. "Mr. Ott, here is a marching brass instrument that will stay in tune much easier than the ones currently used and the tone quality is much better as well. These benefits will allow you to focus more on developing the musicality of your performers and technique. These benefits are empirically proven. So, would you like to begin using these in place of the ones you are currently using?" And the answer is . . . .

Edited by Just Here
  • Like 5

On 8/5/2017 at 4:45 PM, GlassmenBtone said:

What do you mean never left? Point me towards the hornlines using bugles this year

no drum corps has used a bugle since a valve was added and they stopped doing military calls

bugle

noun bu·gle

Definition of bugle

1. :  a valveless brass instrument that resembles a trumpet and is used especially for military calls

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no drum corps has used a bugle since a valve was added and they stopped doing military calls

bugle

noun bu·gle

Definition of bugle

1. :  a valveless brass instrument that resembles a trumpet and is used especially for military calls

Next, we'll get into a discussion about why DCI corps should not be called Drum and BUGLE Corps.    I fear where this thread my go... :lle:

• Like 3

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Next, we'll get into a discussion about why DCI corps should not be called Drum and BUGLE Corps.    I fear where this thread my go... :lle:

Electronics, Brass, and Drum Corps...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Don't forget dance!

"Name Change":

How about "Mummers"?        :devil:

Elphaba      :flower:

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Stop.  You're making too much sense. 

i know but i deal with that Fleener guy on the Facebook page....he refuses to understand it

• Like 2