Boston Crusaders 2018

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

The actual theater makes all the difference in the world IMO...for the first year I went to a different theater...wow..it was magnificent..luxury lounging...huge screen...and speakers that projected well with good quality audio...

Ditto where I ended up.

I almost felt like I was in the Friends of DCI seating.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, craiga said:

For the record, BAC did not "recycle" the prop from 2017. This prop is brand new and was built specifically for this show. Even the flame is different. I think they actually sold the old props to some high school bands.

I like the moment with the flame...heard some other ideas of it smoldering out...well that happened in LOTF...

I guess it's just the idea of recycled ideas from last season that "some" are complaining...fire prop..spelling words on field...etc

This DRILL though is 1 million times better than last season..no doubt

• Like 2

This show has BIGNESS...you can tell it is designed for the HUGE stadiums...I don't get the same feeling from a few of the other shows...Bluecoats for example is an example of BIGNESS done right as well...

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

Well it was 30 years ago...but a certain corps from California did a magic trick two years in a row...  :whistle:

They did a lot of things two years in a row from 85-90.  A fresher design might've helped them win the close matches in their 4 years as runner up.  

31 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I like the moment with the flame...heard some other ideas of it smoldering out...well that happened in LOTF...

I guess it's just the idea of recycled ideas from last season that "some" are complaining...fire prop..spelling words on field...etc

Many ideas have been recycled in drum corps/band etc, It wasn't the 1st time the fire was done nor will it be the last time we see it. BD has done some effects over and over. I think when trying to head toward the top one looks for setting new standards OR re- doing something making it new or fresh ( which sets new standards ) With that said, has that been done? I'll leave that for others to decide or discuss.

Good Luck BAC

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

when you become the new darling, everyone is out to trash you

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

when you become the new darling, everyone is out to trash you

and need to have a very thick skin..look over the  years what BD and Cadets have taken on social media, crown too. It just comes with the territory. AS you climb the ladder,one has to welcome the critics. You know you have arrived.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

and need to have a very thick skin..look over the  years what BD and Cadets have taken on social media, crown too. It just comes with the territory. AS you climb the ladder,one has to welcome the critics. You know you have arrived.

Cadets or the former director?

I could just sit and listen and watch Gino all day...