2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

As two guard members trade using the oxygen tank, the drum line encircles the platform they're on.

Here comes more oxygen tanks. Drum line now on their feature. Snares come forward for their moment.

The mass gasping for air reminds me a bit of that moment in Kung Fu Panda 3 where the panda village is running to Po and collectively stops to gasp

Good luck Madison! Thanks for a great show, and having some of my favorite costumes of the summer!

Great 16th triplet run by the horns before an impact! Drum line back in focus with guard joining them on surdo drums. Very thunderous.

Would have liked to see the O2 tanks used as percussion instruments.  Just my take for first viewing of show.

• Like 1

After the huge impact of the drum feature, low brass now takes over on the ballad, very somber and, well, end of the world-ish.

Madison Scouts

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HouserCD said:

If SCV can have the Brass show of their life and close the gap in Visual Analysis they have a shot.  The spread advantage in Percussion is no longer there.

Of the judges on the panel this evening, 4 have judged both BD and SCV  in late July and August.

3 have judged each in the caption they are judging tonight.

M. Gray, the GE 1 (Visual) arbiter in San Antonio on 07-22 scored in favor of BD 18.30 to 18.10.  In the 07-30 contest in NC, as a Visual Analyst, Michael gave BD the edge 18.90 to SCV's 18..70.

M. Stone, who is 1 of 2 judging GE 2 tonight, judged GE 1 (Music) on 07-22 in San Antonio and decided in favor of SCV 17.90 to 17.70 for BD.

C. Raichle, the CG judge in Allentown on 08-05 scored BD higher than SCV in CG, 18.65 to 18.25.

J. Prosperie judged Field Percussion for both in Allentown (though on different nights) and found in favor of SCV 19.30 to BD's 19.10.

If, as I hope, SCV pulls off the win tonight, it seems to me that their Percussion ensemble and Color Guard will have to widen their semifinal gaps with BD significantly and increase their semifinal gap in Visual Proficiency beyond 0.2.

If not, they can be proud of their anniversary result and I will extend a sincere salute to Los Diablos for # 18.

• Like 1