Blue Devils 2018

Blue Devils are the best thing to happen to drum corps. They set a high bar, especially in the staff and creative culture areas. They showed how to sustain greatness. We wouldn't have Crown without BD, probably wouldn't have Bluecoats competing for medals every year. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Blue Devils are the best thing to happen to drum corps. They set a high bar, especially in the staff and creative culture areas. They showed how to sustain greatness. We wouldn't have Crown without BD, probably wouldn't have Bluecoats competing for medals every year. 

Which is why the measure of success in DCI is to top BD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Perhaps Blue Devils does not always feel the love on DCP, but keep things in perspective. Things are better for Blue Devils on DCP than say, 2012 or 2013. Also compared to the Facebook groups, who seem particularly on edge this year, DCP is a lovefest! :lle:

Oh i 100% agree with you. While there is some truth to what i said, i was also cracking a joke and should have done a better job pointing that out.. It's not everyday we get someone who comes over to team BD. But you are right. Since 2014 i would go as far as to say BD has been one of the crowd favorites. Now they will never be THE crowd favorite, they have won too much for that. But DCP has shown BD alot of love in recent years. 

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh i 100% agree with you. While there is some truth to what i said, i was also cracking a joke and should have done a better job pointing that out.. It's not everyday we get someone who comes over to team BD. But you are right. Since 2014 i would go as far as to say BD has been one of the crowd favorites. Now they will never be THE crowd favorite, they have won too much for that. But DCP has shown BD alot of love in recent years. 

Full disclosure: I’m a huge Boston Crusaders fan and am waiting for the judging community to claim they made a mistake in 1980 and the title should have gone to 27th Lancers!:bigsmile:

Edited by Tim K

9 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Full disclosure: I’m a huge Boston Crusaders fan and am waiting for the judging community to claim they made a mistake in 1980 and the title should have gone to 27th Lancers!:bigsmile:

...the judging community made a mistake back in '72 as well. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

L your own personal DCI Judge clicker so you can keep count of how many times haters say BD is paying off the judges

He'll wear his finger out on that thing by Atlanta.

• Like 2

Well since we are on the woulda shoulda train, till this day i still think the judges got it wrong in 2008. BD out performed PR that night. And i loved Spartacus! Now for saying that on this forum, i am going into witness protection for my safety lol.

• Like 4