Blue Devils 2018

Great job tonight BD! Keep pushing that magnificent and amazing SCV and let's secure that unprecedented 12th straight top 2 finish. Considering that this year's age-outs was nine years old when you started this run of top 2 finishes just shows how bad*** you really are. And if this year is a silver medal finish, i will be hype till next June considering the last four times you finished with a silver, you came back the following year with a undefeated season, while the corps that beat you that particular season didn't even medal the next year. You continue to prove that it's one thing to get to the top of the mountain...........but it's a different story staying at the top of the mountain. Other corps might win themselves a title once in a blue moon and trust me they deserved it and earned it, but NO ONE can match your consistency. Let the haters keep hating and the trolls keep trolling!

DO IT UP DEVILS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

There may or may not be something from last night, shot from a very high vantage point, which gives you a fantastic view of how beautifully the whole show is constructed, floating around in the internet ether....

The new ending visuals are GREAT and feature the four characters in the rotating circles before making way for them to enter the diner. Much, much more effective than the old version. I'm sure the flag work will be beefed up a bit from what it is now, right before they appear.

One thing that hasn't been really mentioned this year is how WELL they move the props around. The focal points are so carefully orchestrated to pull your attention that you really don't notice what is going on with these giant pieces until they are suddenly all assembled in the back. Even from the high angle, you still don't really see them move  unless you specifically focus on them. The b/w NYC maps on the windows make them much more effective for soloist stages before they join the diner. So good.

The magic dust is being liberally sprinkled now, so let's see what the next two weeks bring....

• Like 4

I said it in the Atlanta thread but I'll say it here as well...

For the first time in weeks, I COULD see SCV getting beat at finals. I'm still not sure it'll happen but BD changed my mind about it last night. Great show guys

• Like 7

3 hours ago, NakedEye said:

There may or may not be something from last night, shot from a very high vantage point, which gives you a fantastic view of how beautifully the whole show is constructed, floating around in the internet ether....

The new ending visuals are GREAT and feature the four characters in the rotating circles before making way for them to enter the diner. Much, much more effective than the old version. I'm sure the flag work will be beefed up a bit from what it is now, right before they appear.

One thing that hasn't been really mentioned this year is how WELL they move the props around. The focal points are so carefully orchestrated to pull your attention that you really don't notice what is going on with these giant pieces until they are suddenly all assembled in the back. Even from the high angle, you still don't really see them move  unless you specifically focus on them. The b/w NYC maps on the windows make them much more effective for soloist stages before they join the diner. So good.

The magic dust is being liberally sprinkled now, so let's see what the next two weeks bring....

Yes the new drill in the closer is absolutely Amazing and brilliant, it's like a shape shift and dissolved into the rotating circles with the four characters in the middles. The effect and visual is really great. you can tell there is more to be done on the closer that is already so good.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Great job tonight BD! Keep pushing that magnificent and amazing SCV and let's secure that unprecedented 12th straight top 2 finish. Considering that this year's age-outs was nine years old when you started this run of top 2 finishes just shows how bad*** you really are. And if this year is a silver medal finish, i will be hype till next June considering the last four times you finished with a silver, you came back the following year with a undefeated season, while the corps that beat you that particular season didn't even medal the next year. You continue to prove that it's one thing to get to the top of the mountain...........but it's a different story staying at the top of the mountain. Other corps might win themselves a title once in a blue moon and trust me they deserved it and earned it, but NO ONE can match your consistency. Let the haters keep hating and the trolls keep trolling!

DO IT UP DEVILS!

Chief Guns You saw it on the stream last night right  ?

3 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Chief Guns You saw it on the stream last night right  ?

Sadly nah i didn't. I had duty on base last night. Will be watching tonight. Was very happy to see them close the gap on SCV.  

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Sadly nah i didn't. I had duty on base last night. Will be watching tonight. Was very happy to see them close the gap on SCV.  

Awww happy your here tonight... yes indeed, that gap getting smaller lol. now lets enjoy the show

Edited by theonlyfizzle

7 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Awww happy your here tonight... yes indeed, that gap getting smaller lol. now lets enjoy the show

Today is my last day off for the next six weeks. Duty yesterday, and the Chiefs all over the Navy, we are prepping for Chief selection results to be released sometime this week. Next six weeks around the clock training as we initiate the next batch of Chiefs Selectees. I missed the San Antonio viewing cause i was with all the Chiefs putting the Initiation plan together. Will miss Allentown both nights as well. Tonight might be my last live viewing of any corps. 

• Sad 2

Just got to see a high cam (unofficial) view of the show online just now and this is also my first time hearing and seeing the new closer. 

1. It is absolutely insane how much this corps is moving (and how much of the field they’re actually using...). You don’t even realize it until you watch them on high cam. SCV and Bloo look like they’ve gone “full BD” with regards to staging in comparison. 

2. The audio wasn’t too great on the video due to echo so I couldn’t really tell any musical changes in the opener, but the visual changes in the opener are a nice change, the old forms they were using were very muddy

3. I couldn’t properly hear the way they transitioned into the new 1930 music in the closer, so getting my ear used to that is going to take some time. Right now, it sounds a little abrupt, but I enjoy the music itself a ton. Hopefully they smooth that out a little bit. 

4. That opener and closer are sooo dirty right now. Clean that up, add a little sprinkle to the closer and clean clean clean that brass! If they do that, number 19 is within reach

• Like 4