Blue Devils 2018

19 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If I had a dollar for every silly "hairography" comment regarding BD's guard, I'd be rich

It took me forever this year to get on this forum because of this type of crap.  It's always a conspiracy with the haters.

• Thanks 2

Happy birthday, Edward Hopper! 

13 hours ago, MikeBD said:

It took me forever this year to get on this forum because of this type of crap.  It's always a conspiracy with the haters.

Did you call Homeland Security?  They take hair humor very seriously.

Edited by skevinp

We have just received official word that the Blue Devils visit to Woodgrove High School in Purcellville, VA is "ON" for July 30-31, 2018.  Rehearsals are free and open to the public.  However, the best time to watch full ensemble rehearsals will be Monday evening starting approximately 6:30 PM and concluding approximately 9:00 PM at the stadium.

I would like to thank all who helped make this a reality.  I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your efforts and communications during this time and look forward to seeing all of you on Monday evening as we experience what it takes to be one of the best of the best in the marching arts activity.

Thanks again,
Paul Westray
Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 6

5-4-3-2-1 and Cappybara will defend the Billionaire Bingo corps using these for field shows starting 2019.  A floating soloist taking us to the heavens, a gliding squad of spinning flags, or percussion pulsating above the crowds. If they can afford it, why not?  Sorry to you other corps.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/real-life-iron-man-suit-now-available-for-sale/

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

5-4-3-2-1 and Cappybara will defend the Billionaire Bingo corps using these for field shows starting 2019.  A floating soloist taking us to the heavens, a gliding squad of spinning flags, or percussion pulsating above the crowds. If they can afford it, why not?  Sorry to you other corps.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/real-life-iron-man-suit-now-available-for-sale/

I’d imagine it would be a little difficult to hear the horns over that, might be a sign for some more amplification :laughing:

• Haha 3

The balance and sound at 7:00 is what got me hooked on this corps. No one has that jazzy sound. It's just incredible. 

(there's an unfortunate trumpet entrance at 5:58, which is something I've noticed has been happening quite often this season)

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

This year corp is a fighter indeed... Admire the drive within these kids

1.Whats your thoughts on this week BD heading to Atlanta ? what do you think ?

2. Does anyone have access to any inside scoop may it be rehearsal, changes or addition so whats the plan for them, even if it's speculation based on prior seasons..   Whats the scoop ? give us some updates please.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

16 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

This year corp is a fighter indeed... Admire the drive within these kids

1.Whats your thoughts on this week BD heading to Atlanta ? what do you think ?

2. Does anyone have access to any inside scoop may it be rehearsal, changes or addition so whats the plan for them, even if it's speculation based on prior seasons..   Whats the scoop ? give us some updates please.

Ok Only Fizzle, I guess that's a no :unhappy:

9 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Ok Only Fizzle, I guess that's a no :unhappy:

Unfortunately I have nothing to tell you before Atlanta, but I will be at their rehearsal next Monday so I’ll probably have details at that point 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1