Blue Devils 2018

I think BD at least took one sub caption in percussion and moved up a spot in brass. SCV clearly won but I feel like BD just got a tenth closer.

I can not see how Mandarins are not beating PR.  This top 3 is my favorite in many many years. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I think BD at least took one sub caption in percussion and moved up a spot in brass. SCV clearly won but I feel like BD just got a tenth closer.

I can not see how Mandarins are not beating PR.  This top 3 is my favorite in many many years. 

Oh yes I just looked at it..

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

3. I couldn’t properly hear the way they transitioned into the new 1930 music in the closer, so getting my ear used to that is going to take some time. Right now, it sounds a little abrupt, but I enjoy the music itself a ton. Hopefully they smooth that out a little bit. 

Either they adjusted it tonight or the dome acoustics made it hard to hear yesterday, but they are using the French Horn duet again to do some lead in to the 1930 section and it was beautiful. The transition didn't seem anywhere near as abrupt as last night.

That section is now really lush, builds and creates genuine emotion, where before it was frantic/frantic/rush/fast drill/ BAM! They are in the diner!!!

I like all the ending poses as well, like the whole corps is contemplating the painting in their own individual ways.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

What is the significance of the soldier in the show?

Whenever you have time, go back to page 88 of this thread, first post. Cappy posted episode four of BD360. They explain in detail the significance of the soldier. Hope it helps. 

• Thanks 1

So I was just watching Family Guy, the Dearly Deported episode, and the Nighthawks painting was in the episode! Stewie was the guy behind the counter! Hilarious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nighthawks was a "question" on Jeopardy last week.

• Like 2

Just now, DWW11 said:

Nighthawks was a "question" on Jeopardy last week.

If it wasn't for BD, I would not have had a clue!

• Haha 2

Just now, Bluzes said:

If it wasn't for BD, I would not have had a clue!

Me, as well!  I chuckled when I saw the answer. 

• Like 2