Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Blooooooo! 76.4! 4-0! 

I'm glad that they aren't giving it a rest.  This wasn't a particularly competitive line up for them... but they clearly put some work in and are being focused.

• Like 2

One last thought for the night.

It's nice that the discussion surrounding the Bluecoats success and appeal so far this year doesn't seem to involve discourse over electronic effects, strange outfits, or innovative acrobatics on large set pieces...

They are just straight up... good.  And that's really all there is to the equation.

It's really nice for them to be in that zone.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

It's nice that the discussion surrounding the Bluecoats success and appeal so far this year doesn't seem to involve discourse over electronic effects, strange outfits, or innovative acrobatics on large set pieces...

They are just straight up... good.  And that's really all there is to the equation.

They are fun and entertaining...let the seat dancing begin. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

They really are just straight up good...BUT are still the masters of electronic effects, strange outfits and innovative acrobatics on large set pieces.  Those things are now just part of a straight up good BLUECOATS drum corps.  What a great group of members, instructors and maybe the best design team in the activity.  (AND A GREAT ADMIN TEAM)

• Like 9

I was contemplating this morning (mornings are for coffee and contemplation) and it occurred to me that one thing I am not concerned about this year (as opposed to last year) is “how was the run tonight.” Last year, the runs from night to night were wildly inconsistent. This year, I don’t sweat it at all. I have a good feeling about this corps. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I was contemplating this morning (mornings are for coffee and contemplation) and it occurred to me that one thing I am not concerned about this year (as opposed to last year) is “how was the run tonight.” Last year, the runs from night to night were wildly inconsistent. This year, I don’t sweat it at all. I have a good feeling about this corps. 

To steal a quote from Ben Crenshaw:  "I have a feeling".

• Like 1

Anyone notice that Bloo's guard beat Boston?

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Bloo’s production is truly amazing with an incredible cast. This is not a one step forward two steps backward season. It just keeps getting better and even more incredible everyday. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Anyone notice that Bloo's guard beat Boston?

And Bloo’s guard is clearly one of if not the best guard this season. 

• Like 2