Enough Judging Conspiracy Theories

1 minute ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Good question.  Hope you respect my response that I plead the 5th!  We all have very nice drum corps... this is becoming a little off topic..

No offense intended. I just look at this three years of gold medals and wonder if we will ever see drum corps like that ever again. Machine is also one of my all time favorite shows. Just incredibly brilliant design and so ###### risky. Amazing.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

a chief judge asks me that, i'm going to administration

Who's administration?  There's no where else to go but the Chief Judge.  You have minutes to put down your score buddy.  Figure it out.

8 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Still don't understand where BD is relevant to my original post.  Thank you.

BD is just an example of a new design that was rewarded by 'all' 'current' DCI GE judges this season; I could have just as easily cited Bluecoats from last season with the same rewards from the DCI GE judges.  The question does not ride on the corps, but the judges.  How many 'current' DCI judges are out of touch and rewarding archaic designs not new artistic designs?  You say 'many', so please cite scoring and ranking examples.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Absolutely the judges are trying to do what is right.

But what is right is ultimately determined by the very corps that they are judging, and those very same corps are paying them. What I'm saying is not that judges are dishonest or manipulative, but they are human, and at a certain level only doing the job the corps directors are paying them to do.

if as a judge, you let the groups before you intimidate you because of who they are, you've failed.I've ###### off some major players in my circuit, and gotten the "well you know we...." schtick in critique...but they couldn't refute what I said and why my number came out as it did. they just thought their name was enough. 

so look at DCI....over the last decade we've seen the cadets slide, Crown and Bloo rise, SCV yo-yo around the middle before shooting back up, Bostons drastic jump this year, Cavies down and now working back up, Madison all over the place...Phantom go from 1st to what 8th a year later?.....name doesnt count nearly as much as you think it does

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

No offense intended. I just look at this three years of gold medals and wonder if we will ever see drum corps like that ever again. Machine is also one of my all time favorite shows. Just incredibly brilliant design and so ###### risky. Amazing.

@mikerap

EDIT  Sorry Mike--meant for Stu.  New to DCP.

Still.  Again. I have never mentioned any corps in my original post.  Please.  Disengage.  

Edited by DeusExGreenMachina

2 hours ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

What can I say to you to stop asking me the questions?  This is what, number five?  Getting kind of tiresome @Stu.  I've obviously triggered something.

that is just Stu. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

BD is just an example of a new design that was rewarded by 'all' 'current' DCI GE judges this season; I could have just as easily cited Bluecoats from last season with the same rewards from the DCI GE judges.  The question does not ride on the corps, but the judges.  How many DCI judges are out of touch and rewarding archaic designs not new artistic designs?  You say 'many', so please cite examples.

Stu, just let it rest. The guy has been gracious to share his insights as a judge and as a former gold medalist. He's not going to say anything that would out people. He's just offering his insights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I don't think judging is so much rigged as.....pointless.

In today's DCI, whomever shows up with the most over-the-top suite of electronics, choreography, props and extraneous instruments and soloists is going to win G.E.  And G.E. > everything else.  A corps could sweep captions and still come in 2nd or 3rd if they don't do enough scatter drill and dancing.  And that's precisely the way the corps directors want it to be, regardless of whether it serves to delegitimize the entire point of competition or not.

yet Bluecoats didnt win. so much for another of your theories

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

@mikerap

EDIT  Sorry Mike--meant for Stu.  New to DCP.

Still.  Again. I have never mentioned any corps in my original post.  Please.  Disengage.  

No worries.

What did you play in Frameworks? Just curious.