2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

I was hoping the Kidsgrove Scouts would follow in the tradition of the awesome British brass ensembles and they did not disappoint!  GREAT brass all the way across the board!  Wow!  Guard is really sharp too.  (I also like their hats. . .)  But where did the British accent go in Romeo & Juliet’s voices?  They sounded like Midwestern American – hah!  Some hot battery licks going on right before the brass shows their choir chops.  So glad I got to see this corps.

Both Kidsgrove and The Company have come over with smartly designed shows for their talent. Both shows also seem to reflect trends in the activity here...or is this style the norm in DCE and DCUK now?

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Both Kidsgrove and The Company have come over with smartly designed shows for their talent. Both shows also seem to reflect trends in the activity here...or is this style the norm in DCE and DCUK now?

Maybe it should be in the works to send a DCA corps over to Europe and see how they fare... 

• Like 2

Kidsgrove and the Company have been Swapping DCE tiles for the last 5 years, there was a big gap between those 2 and Jubal who was 3rd in DCE most f those years, then a gap to the rest of DCE corps They streamed their championship on their (DCE) website.

Just now, ErieSopMike said:

Maybe it should be in the works to send a DCA corps over to Europe and see how they fare... 

It'd be a big commitment for a DCA I would think. Aren't most of them weekenders?  C2 could wing it with support from YEA. A DCI open corps taking leave to spend their season on a DCE tour would be the opportunity of a lifetime for those kids though. Although I don't think the seasons line up.

Just now, KVG_DC said:

It'd be a big commitment for a DCA I would think. Aren't most of them weekenders?  C2 could wing it with support from YEA. A DCI open corps taking leave to spend their season on a DCE tour would be the opportunity of a lifetime for those kids though. Although I don't think the seasons line up.

Well, KS comes over on a somewhat "holiday" break.  2 weeks, they do some touristing, corps it up and go back over.  Yes, DCA is weekenders but if it was worked out, I could see the possibility of a DCA corps pulling off a venture across the pond for a show and championships there.  Lots of logistics though.

5 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

That would be way too cool! We'd love to show them the way at DCUK and Kerkrade!