DawsonBurnes

2018 Uniform Thread

Recommended Posts

This was announced a few days back, but the Troopers have confirmed that they are getting new uniforms in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I do think this thread will be a lasting topic of interest... all the way to the start of the 2018 summer season. Corps are changing attire ( and headgear ) much more frequently these days now. For some corps, as frequently as from season to season now. And the changes can be quite dramatic, as the trend, as many of us here know, is to have the attire, headgear be more theme specific increasingly.

Edited by BRASSO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there was plenty of polarity regarding Madison's outfits this year. (I liked the radical change maybe more than I liked the costumes themselves.) But FWIW, the images Madison is using in social media and on its web site might be pretty compelling to some young guys thinking of auditioning. Maybe not as compelling as a top 5 placement. Still...

http://www.madisonscoutslive.com/mainsite/?DB_OEM_ID=33500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ok, it's not a uniform or costume, but I didn't see where else to post it: the next level of tarps. Props to the designer who makes the unit seem to disappear using this tarp.

Image No. 1 | Andrew Clark plays basketball in the atrium of the Woodward's building on a mural placed on the ground to mark World Sight Day, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017. (Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press via AP)

BK had that lovely black hole tarp for The Great Event

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I know there was plenty of polarity regarding Madison's outfits this year. (I liked the radical change maybe more than I liked the costumes themselves.) But FWIW, the images Madison is using in social media and on its web site might be pretty compelling to some young guys thinking of auditioning. Maybe not as compelling as a top 5 placement. Still...

http://www.madisonscoutslive.com/mainsite/?DB_OEM_ID=33500

If what you say is true, is a Myers-Briggs and/or Rorschach included in the audition packet?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xandandl said:

If what you say is true, is a Myers-Briggs and/or Rorschach included in the audition packet?? 

No, but I'm almost certain there are Rorschach tests in the Mandarins audition packets.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Madisons outfits but didn't like the  head wear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Music City has confirmed (although not very publicly) that the corps will get new uniforms for the corps' 10th anniversary.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BassClefTristan said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Music City has confirmed (although not very publicly) that the corps will get new uniforms for the corps' 10th anniversary.

That is great news!  Excited to see them.  Thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BassClefTristan said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Music City has confirmed (although not very publicly) that the corps will get new uniforms for the corps' 10th anniversary.

Great. I always thought their uniforms were too traditional.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.