The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

There's much discussion here and elsewhere about the Board of YEA resigning and a clean sweep of the YEA organization.

There's another option for the Cadets, though, that I haven't seen discussed.

I'll call it the "Crossmen Option".

In 2006, the Crossmen left YEA after being acquired by totally new management--Fred Morrison and Mark Chambers--and started anew as an independent organization.

So, why do the Cadets even need to be in YEA?  Doesn't the option exist to dissolve it and spin the Cadets assets off--as the Crossmen assets were--and start as a new organization?  It would be a reboot...and a true clean sweep.

Thoughts?

I was thinking about this today. I say yes... separate the performing ensembles from the parent organization.  I wonder if the Dance Troop, Cadets 2, Indoor Cadets will be picked up by other parent organizations in PA.  Or anywhere else across the country.  Back to Bergen County? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaffo Nerr said:

Couldn't imagine it. You talking about senior female instructor/managers pressing the young guys - or the other configuration? 

Ok, I’ll play.  Outside of drum corps, there are many stories of female teachers and their young male students. But I was actually thinking of male predators and male victims...like the Boston Globe and Spotlight detailed. 

• Thanks 5

I realize those "picking up the pieces" have a lot going on right now

But it might be (past?) time to update the Cadets FB/Twitter pages with the first responses and have Hopkins update his FB page as well. Right now it still presents as corps director. Finally - with a camp this weekend, maybe put out a refined director/CEO statement and then tomorrow highlight some camp news

The yea.org Cadets staff page HAS been updated - at least to the extent of removing Hopkins and adding the new Director

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/staff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I realize those "picking up the pieces" have a lot going on right now

But it might be (past?) time to update the Cadets FB/Twitter pages with the first responses and have Hopkins update his FB page as well. Right now it still presents as corps director. Finally - with a camp this weekend, maybe put out a refined director/CEO statement and then tomorrow highlight some camp news

The yea.org Cadets staff page HAS been updated - at least to the extent of removing Hopkins and adding the new Director

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/staff

Also - no email yet from YEA to donors / M&G members... 

(if the reason is "get the message perfect" then it's cool)

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

But I was actually thinking of male predators and male victims...like the Boston Globe and Spotlight detailed. 

OMG. 'Thinking' here = cases in fact known to you?

Who would have ever dreamed to just march D&B unabused you'd need a concealed carry permit.

EEK!

There’s a double standard. Some men, not all, make jokes about a 27 year old teacher molesting a 13 year old boy.  They make jokes like his wrist is injured from all the high fives he got.  They think it’s funny. It’s not.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1