2018 Predictions

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You could replace CC with a few other corps and get the same pre season placement thoughts.

If you mean other medalist corps (Crown's avg place in the past 10 yrs = 3rd)  are routinely predicted to finish 6th...who would that be? BD?  Bloo?

3 minutes ago, karuna said:

If you mean other medalist corps (Crown's avg place in the past 10 yrs = 3rd)  are routinely predicted to finish 6th...who would that be? BD?  Bloo?

Honestly I do NOT recall Crown predictions on average at 6th...a couple of folks...MAYBE...

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Honestly I do NOT recall Crown predictions on average at 6th...a couple of folks...MAYBE...

You're confused.  I didn't say anything about average predictions.  I just said someone manages to do it everywhere.  I think there have been at least 3 or 4 in this thread.  

Edited by karuna

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

You're confused.  I didn't say anything about average predictions.  I just said someone manages to do it everywhere.  

I'm always confused...what else is new...

edit: seems I'm not the only one...

Edited by Liahona

13 minutes ago, karuna said:

If(Crown's avg place in the past 10 yrs = 3rd)  are routinely predicted to finish 6th..

Crown'a DCP poster average placement prediction here on DCP has not  averaged " 6th " in a decade. So you must be referring to those outside of DCP perhaps doing this. But not here on DCP anyway. There are always a poster or two that posts out of the normal range. These are referred to as an " anomaly ". They are not referred to as " routine ". Routine refers to what is generally posted as a placement prediction for that Corps, ie. the average placement provided, for example.

Edited by BRASSO

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Crown'a DCP poster average placement prediction here on DCP has not  averaged " 6th " in a decade. So you must be referring to those outside of DCP perhaps doing this. But not here on DCP anyway.

please read what i posted.  i said nothing about the average predictions.  

guess i'll repeat myself

Despite finishing with an average placement of 3rd place in the past 10 years,  there are always some who routinely predict Crown to finish 6th.

edit:  Since everyone seems to editing their posts... routine in this case means it happens every year.  Either all you guys are in the same room or I could have phrased it more clearly.

Edited by karuna

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

What's happening this coming Thursday?

The great event. When the sun goes down.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, karuna said:

Despite finishing with an average placement of 3rd place in the past 10 years,  there are always some who routinely predict Crown to finish 6th.

But you created confusion in readers, imo. For example, your initial post above stated that " Crown's ave. placement the past 10 years= 3rd, but are routinely predicted to finish 6th."

Your follow-up post was not a repost. it was a rephrase. It changed what you meant to say initially perhaps. In the rephrase, you alterd the wording, thus its meaning.  you posted in your follow up rehrase : .... " despite finishing average placement of 3rd place the last 10 years, there are always some who routinely predict Crown to finish 6th ".

It was the 1st post you made that drew attention to the fact that you believe that routinely on here Crown is predicted to finish 6th. Thats not quite accurate assessment with some posters here however. The rephase of this has you believe that " there are always some who routinely predict Crown in 6th ". That rehrase, with the changed wording to " there are always some " probably has you on safer assessment grounds now, as "  there are always some " posters on here ( and everywhere else, imo ) that " routinely"  make placement predictions out of the normal predictive range on here for these Corps... Carolina Crown included.

Edited by BRASSO