La Crosse, WI - July 1, 2018

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Off-topic for a moment, but Kettering hosts an OMEA show not a BOA show (at least in the past several years; e.g., I'm somewhere in the audience in the video below, for instance, which does show what you said about there being no track). Checking Google Maps and doing some quick math, it appears to me that Centerville's stands have more seats (approx. 5,400 vs. approx. 4,200), are taller (38 rows vs. 29 rows), and narrower (extends to 15-yard line vs. 5-yard line at Centerville). Corrections to my calculations are most welcome.

Yes, we have both OMEA and BOA here in Kettering but OMEA has moved most of their local stuff to the University of Dayton Welcome Stadium.  You took a good video from Roush Stadium in Kettering.  That’s Beavercreek High School performing.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps

Just now, 777hornman said:

Anyone watching the show ?

posted from the DrumScorps app

Waiting for scores.

12 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Off-topic for a moment, but Kettering hosts an OMEA show not a BOA show (at least in the past several years; e.g., I'm somewhere in the audience in the video below, for instance, which does show what you said about there being no track). Checking Google Maps and doing some quick math, it appears to me that Centerville's stands have more seats (approx. 5,400 vs. approx. 4,200), are taller (38 rows vs. 29 rows), and narrower (extends to 15-yard line vs. 5-yard line at Centerville). Corrections to my calculations are most welcome.

But CHS gets their extra seats by making spectators sit on top of each other!  Kettering hosts an OMEA show annually and an occasional BOA show.  Dayton's Welcome Stadium is an OMEA State Finals location annually and also an occasional BOA show.

• Like 1

Phantom's visual scores are concerning but it's refreshing to see them being competitive straight out of the gate, especially after some thought they'd spiral out of finals this year

• Like 2