Drums Along the Rockies - July 14, 2018

1 hour ago, Daave said:

Let the teeth gnashing and conspiracy theory's begin.

GE 1 - Curtis Costanza
GE 2 - Ken Turner
VP - William Chumley
VA - Keith Baker
CG - Michael Thompson
BRS - Albert Lo
MA - Peter Furnari
Perc - Allan Kristensen

Allan returned Crown's snare drum when it was dropped at finals in '14! Class act (from CLOVIS)!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Western Burger said:

I'll be there!  Due to a recent move, I can't go to more than one show this year.  I do love the atmosphere and good crowd that this show brings. Plus, I've made it a point not to watch any shows before now, so 1st viewings of everyone tonight.

It is a GREAT venue... outdoors too.  I've been to that show once and wish I could be there again but, sigh, I'll be watching on Flo.

2 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

Allan returned Crown's snare drum when it was dropped at finals in '14! Class act (from CLOVIS)!!

Generally a rather good judge, too. Usually calls the show on the night, regardless of other placements. He was the one who put Phantom first at Finals in 2010 (deservedly so) when they performed sixth or seventh (finished in sixth place). Left plenty of space for other corps if they earned it, and none did.

Don't think we've seen him judge Finals since 2014, though (as mentioned). Which is a shame, as he's probably my #2 percussion judge (behind the man, the legend, the axe dodger Jeff Prosperie).

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 1

I'll be at the show tonight, and I can't wait for it!!!! One of the few perks that I miss about living in the Midwest is the readily-accessible DCI/BOA/WGI shows, so this is my first live show of the year...but hey, I'll take watching most of the season on Flo as a trade off for sun/hiking/mountains every other day of the year : )

• Like 1

My Google Brian Thingy is telling me it's 96 degrees there now, tell me it isn't so,  About ready to thrown this Hey Google Spy device in the trash.

It's pretty hot.  There was a nice breeze earlier, but I haven't been out there in a couple hours.  I'll start heading toward the show in about an hour or so.  If I don't get too distracted, I'll try to provide some in the stadium updates.

47 minutes ago, Western Burger said:

It's pretty hot. 

Thanks been to Denver a few times for dci but don't remember heat being an issue.