Little Rock, AR - July 25, 2018

2 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

It’s time for The Cavaliers to make a move.  In the last competition they were the only corps to score lower than in their previous competition.  At this point in the season that’s a bad sign.  I’ve been there back in the ‘80s and it’s mega-frustrating to score high one night, low the next night, then take a week to exceed the previous high score.  Meanwhile, our competitors were scoring incrementally higher each night. :huh:

Agreed. Although, their score is not going to change without any design changes, musically and visually. They also need to clean, clean, clean. Out of their 4 shows I saw in Texas only San Antonio felt like a great run through. Hoping they have something up their sleeve because right now it looks like 6th might be it. Disappointing since the expectations at the beginning of the season were so high. It seems like other corps design teams have evolved their programs while the Cavaliers have pretty much remained stagnant. Still a few weeks left we’ll have to wait and see.

Edited by GREENBLUE

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. Although, their score is not going to change without any design changes, musically and visually. They also need to clean, clean, clean. Out of their 4 shows I saw in Texas only San Antonio felt like a great run through. Hoping they have something up their sleeve because right now it looks like 6th might be it. Disappointing since the expectations at the beginning of the season were so high. It seems like other corps design teams have evolved their programs while the Cavaliers have pretty much remained stagnant. Still a few weeks left we’ll have to wait and see.

If nothing else, The Cavaliers have finally realized for the first time since 1977 the importance of a competitive brass line.  

• Like 1

Just now, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

If nothing else, The Cavaliers have finally realized for the first time since 1977 the importance of a competitive brass line.  

True. It’ll probably take a few years for the brass program to really see results (look at SCV). Was just hoping this show was going to grow more organically like 2010. You could really see Mad World develop over the course of the summer. Initially thought this show would develop the same way but instead it remains stagnant over the last two weeks. 

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

It’s been a great couple of days here  in Arkansas for rehearsal days. I’ll leave it at that. 

Except to say in Mesquite on Monday, they nixed some GE by not using tarps in the high wind. 

Trust me, this stretch to Indy has just begun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anybody have any idea who has the encore tonight?

posted from the DrumScorps app

2 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Eh, their hornlines of the early 2000s were very good. 

12 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

14 minutes ago, Corpfan said:

Anybody have any idea who has the encore tonight?

According to From the Pressbox, it's the Cavies.

Thanks