DCI Eastern Classic – Saturday, August 4, 2018

On 8/4/2018 at 7:14 PM, mjoakes said:

Liahona, I’m bowing to you right now. I’ve no idea how you manage so many great images during the shows. I’ve tried. I’m lucky to get one uploaded two corps later. Thanks for all the effort.

I must give a SHOUT OUT

to the APP DRUMSCORPS

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/drumscorps-dci-scores-and-more-for-iphone-android/

Makes it EASY PEASEY...Just go to DCP discussion in the APP itself...hit the chat icon and select take pic...take pic with phone camera and then hit POST...It will either upload or say error try again....done!

You wont be able to SEE likes in the APP...and all the normal DCP forum option are NOT available..like changing font size etc...NOT a big deal

My ONLY complaint is I get logged out of the app a minimum of at least 4 times at EVERY show...this happened at ALL 4 shows I attended...so NOT connection related...

• Like 2

On 8/4/2018 at 7:19 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Prepping for Indy, I suppose?

Yes exactly...he was taking/writing notes in his book for Indy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2018 at 7:23 PM, Tommeee said:

Boston just had the most awesome entrance to the lots!!!!  Their vehicles have a diesel horn, and they blew the “SOS” code several times out on Hamilton Blvd.  I bet it was heard in the stadium!

YES...But I thought it was the CONQUEST shots...all of us BAC alums and folks HONK our car horns to other BAC folks  ••|•|••• ...been a tradition for DECADES...lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I must give a SHOUT OUT

to the APP DRUMSCORPS

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/drumscorps-dci-scores-and-more-for-iphone-android/

Makes it EASY PEASEY...Just go to DCP discussion in the APP itself...hit the chat icon and select take pic...take pic with phone camera and then hit POST...It will either upload or say error try again

It's a bummer when an official Drumscorps thread isn't created for shows like yesterday. 

On 8/4/2018 at 7:44 PM, KVG_DC said:

Pacific Crest is a big "ahhhh" and "ohhhh" and "yaaaay."   It oozes a delightful charm.  They're sounding great too.  

One of my FAVORITES of the night...along with DD as well...

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 7:49 PM, NorCalDad said:

I have seen DCI shows in maybe a dozen locations, a small number compared to a lot of you, but Allentown was the only place we constantly heard warmups from corps yet to perform while a corps was on the field. 

I have to disagree with your statement ONLY....

That said, having attended approximately 25+ shows at Allentown alone...that has ALWAYS been a problem...but this year was probably the LEAST distracting...but I was on the other side of BOX...so that is probably why it didn't BUG me as much...I usually sat on other side...much preferred my seat this year though...and maybe it was the company I was around as well...these DCI bigwigs are my ROCK STARS...haha

23 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I get the feeling that Liahona is standing there next to Tom Blair and snapping a picture every time he makes a note on the shows.

hahahahahahahahaha @KVG_DC

I was my OWN director though :-)

My app crashed a few times..DURING my best SHOTS too!

One thing that comes to mind...Blair said to me did you get it... I knew EXACTLY what he was reffing to...I tried to CATCH Crossmen's Maltese Cross...I said just missed it by a SPLIT SECOND...very disappointing!!!!

23 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

It's a done deal . . . .   Liahona is my Drum Corps Planet  Poster of the Year !   :worthy:

@Fred Windish thank you VERY much for your very kind words...I don't deserve the praise...but you know what

I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!  :-)

23 hours ago, classicaltrombone said:

Tha Z PULL. Electric crowd for that one.

I had the PHOTO for that and when I tried to upload the app crashed!  :(

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Thank you a zillion times over for these photos.

@ThirdValvesAreForWimps

you are very welcome! :-)