DCI Eastern Classic – Saturday, August 4, 2018

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

I apologize, I was a bit busy! I just saw scores and regardless of placement... Cavies made me extremely proud! 

best Cavies run I've seen!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

It is

Nothing gets by you...well played.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Please explain.

It would be really easy to get the appropriate licenses to allow archiving current shows.  Just require corps (or DCI if that is who is responsible for licensing) to get sync licenses along with all the other licenses they currently have to get for their shows.  I get that getting the appropriate licensing for past years is a much more difficult task, but there is no excuse for the unavailability of shows within the last 5-10 years.  Sync licenses have been around for as long as there has been music on TV and in movies.  This isn't rocket science.

Edited by jasgre2000

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I apologize, I was a bit busy! I just saw scores and regardless of placement... Cavies made me extremely proud! 

Apology excepted. We were just really concerned for your well-being! :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but my big take away score wise is The Cadets, if the trend continues, they may pass the Cavaliers. Won't know until the Prelims. Cadets have one more show at Erie Monday, Cavies have a show tomorrow at Buffalo and then Massillon on Monday.

Welp. I got to go read some Aristotle. Goodnight all.  It's been fun.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Basically the guy on the panel, didn't catch the name, said that as an all male corps, the Cavaliers have something up their sleeve for finals week because the fact that they're all male means the staff can push them harder than normal

I’m guessing he’ll be going on a “pre-planned vacation” during finals next week :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Absolutely agree!!!!

• Like 1