NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

17 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I did as well. First time that has happened for me since i became a Flo subscriber. I am chalking it up to an isolated incident. I really appreciate Flo for bringing us all these amazing shows and performers.

Ok I thought it was weird too since I hadn't had that problem before and my friend's internet is generally around 100 mb/s download.

do i get a refund for the commercial in Vanguards opener?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Use an ad blocker. Those are ones the browser injects into the stream, not in the stream itself. Adblock will stop them cold.

posted from the DrumScorps app

couldnt stop this. Someone in the Flo control truck hit the wrong button

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

couldnt stop this. Someone in the Flo control truck hit the wrong button

Huh. Because the only ads I've gotten while running AdBlock were the ones within the stream for various marching stuff.  The Geico, etc. ones were ones that would interrupt the stream and play.  As mentioned before I didn't get them.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pistolpete said:

Congratulations to BAC guard on moving up to 2nd.

At SA they were 1st, then dropped at Atl.  At times, these position drops/rises remind me of the tick scoring years.

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Nice job, Boston! Now 5 points ahead of Cadets, put up a spread on the Cavies, and continuing to gain on Crown and Bloo.   

With the Cadets having around 16 holes, they might have earned a mulligan tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

And 2005 last time they did not medal. When will this streak end???

Maybe when another corps works it way into that neighborhood and Boston is working hard to take up that challenge.

• Like 2

After a bad run in Atlanta, SCV had their best show of season IMO tonight at nightbeat

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beckham said:

Question for those who watched online tonight.

I get it as well. But it depends on so many variables that FLO may only be part of the problem. I understand going in & out of their commercials when we get the circles of death. It's them going to canned digital content a much more forgiving codex than the live video/audio files. That is why the commercials play perfectly but live is often rough. Then when it happens during the show it means the stream isn't consistent enough to keep our buffers full.Thus the degrading resolution (slowing down the gas pump). Box 5 had very little of this last night for DCA, resolution remained consistent meaning the buffers were not under stress and not placing us on the digital cliff where we seem to live with FLO. I learned to live with the varying resolution but audio glitches that occur when the buffers completely empties or worse the stream is interrupted momentarily is unacceptable.   

From the goodness of my heart in the past I have suggested to FLO that they trash the commercials and charge us a little more (know I only speak for myself)..Being in the video/audio business, was forced into the trenches of the analog to digital conversion. Working for a very aggressive three letter company  we learned a few things the 2 an time around (2an gen equip). Rushing it to market the leading & lagging lip sync tolerance was pissing the customers off. Leadership tasked us with writing a tighter tolerance in the RFP that went out to the likes of Cisco, Motorola and Arris. What did we know and wanted to get out of the office. For three weeks a focus group agency cycled in clients and they were subjected to varying amounts of lip sync. 

What we learned is at certain tolerances our clients did not like the actors, programs or commercials a real bad thing for us the service provider, Hollywood was already poking at our excets. There is a point here I promise the 2 most and sometimes the number 1 issue was repetitive commercials (we needed a yardstick). It wasn't the actors or programs it was specifically the repeating commercials (a preexisting relatable issue the study inadvertently triggered ). It turned them off they mostly agreed they avoided the products. We're a prime example of that. How long, since last year the same ads?

I am intrigued with marketing it has a mystique that is indescribable, the only thing I can relate that to is GE. Some things just can't be put to into words? So why are the marketers at FLO and the other companies so much behind the curve? They don't realize they are shooting themselves in the foot never mind the affect on the paid content and us?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

I wonder if there will be any more added to the end of SCV's show. A tag, perhaps

posted from the DrumScorps app