NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Speaking of anomalies... BD's guard content score now for every show they've had against the top six: 1, 3, 1, 5, 1, 1

You sure about that?

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

let scores get you this bent out of shape you’re in it for the wrong reasons.

Correct it's just a dreadful time late in the show finals night, knowing it's all coming to an end, The dread is never about who wins or loses, we're always happy for the winner and know everyone else got just of much out of the experience.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

42 minutes ago, craiga said:

Bluecoats lack of visual design and constant reliance on follow the leader in between musical phrases is going to hinder them in the final two weeks...just like last year.

I added a SAD so you could get the rare and elusive quintuple reaction 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

If you call block hairography for the 5th year in a row content

Might need to pull google translate out again...

• Haha 1

Holy slap in the face, Batman!

On that Bloo GE figure.

That's a head-scratcher that accounts for most of the discrepancy in loss of competition with the Devils (that, and BD is closing the gap on SCV).

I would be shocked to see that kind of a read repeat... but it is disheartening to see a contending adjudication drop out of contention, essentially over night.  No amount of changes at this point would typically lead to a read like that.

It's a puzzlement!

The guard and perc books were known quantities... But... I dunno about that left-field GE issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well, the judges don't see it that way. I think BD is out executing them. I think BD's guard and the staging of the guard is far superior (it's the best this season). The guard is up front and center doing their demanding book - for all to see, mistakes and all. BD's music is very entertaining, the drill is solid. It's a great show. Bloo has a great show too. I just think BD and SCV have the better shows, and the judges agree.

The judges are puppets, madam, and their strings are not pulled by the people who pay to enjoy the shows. Have you ever been on staff and been in a critique before? DCI should serve as proof that art can’t accurately be judged, and that siding with the opinions of the judges doesn’t make you an expert. 

All that said, I could care less about where Bloo or BD place. The organization where I served my years of marching is in the lead and as a fan that’s neat. As a recently former MM, the scores are not what we do this activity for. We do it for the love of the performing and we don’t give a S##T what the the judges or their sympathizers think. If it were the opposite, everybody would go home after the slotting happens early to mid season. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1