Massillon, Ohio - Tour of Champions: Monday, August 6, 2018

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Radar shows a few very small, isolated storms in the area. There are heavier storms in south-central Michigan and northern Indiana, but Ohio seems largely to be dry. Earlier NWS had increased odds of rain to 40% and moved the time forward to "mainly after 9 pm". Now it's back down to 30% and "mainly after 10 pm". Fingers still crossed.

Like the red/purple radar "isolated storm" that rolled through the Cleveland area about 1/2 hour ago - it was intense...

18 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

"We are the corps, The Cavaliers There is no corps we fear...." Never give up Cavies!!! Kick butt Green Machine!

"We march along and sing this song,

For we know that we never never will go wrong, so

March onto victory Cavaliers,

As we march on through the years,

We march along and sing this song,

For WE ARE THE CAVALIERS!" 

Let it all hang out men! Then two days of rehearsal, and put your game face on in LOS! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

"We march along and sing this song,

For we know that we never never will go wrong, so

March onto victory Cavaliers,

As we march on through the years,

We march along and sing this song,

For WE ARE THE CAVALIERS!" 

Let it all hang out men! Then two days of rehearsal, and put your game face on in LOS! 

YEEEEE HAW! 

• Like 2

so dramatic how the last SCV - BD meetup was in Winston-Salem! Guess we'll hsve to compare scores against the bluecoats to see where they're at... how exciting.

posted from the DrumScorps app

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Taking four people to this one, three of whom have never attended a drum corps show before.

I am with you, my friend.  :91_thumbsup:

I'm taking a racquetball buddy who is an chem engineer from India.  He loves going around our great country seeing it for all the beauty it has.  He has never seen a drum corps before.  We are sitting in Row 5 (from the bottom).

Do you think he'll be able to hear them from there?  :27_sunglasses:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm taking a racquetball buddy who is an chem engineer from India.  He loves going around our great country seeing it for all the beauty it has.  He has never seen a drum corps before.  We are sitting in Row 5 (from the bottom).

At least at the beginning of the show :peek:

Good to hear you're coming up for the show again this year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Taking four people to this one, three of whom have never attended a drum corps show before.

5th row, you say?

Please post a photo of your friend's face after the Mandarins' first hit for us to see. ????

I think my seats are about ten rows down from the top on the side 1 thirty-yard line. I'll be wearing the Reading Buccaneers' tie-dye tee shirt from their 2014 show.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think my seats are about ten rows down from the top on the side 1 thirty-yard line. I'll be wearing the Reading Buccaneers' tie-dye tee shirt from their 2014 show.

Pretty sure I'm around the same height (row DD) somewhere between the 30s (friend has the tickets).  I'll be wearing the turquoise SCV horn line shirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valjean said:

so dramatic how the last SCV - BD meetup was in Winston-Salem! Guess we'll hsve to compare scores against the bluecoats to see where they're at... how exciting.

True. BD was the first to pop a 94, and SCV skipped over the 94's and went to a 95. I think if all goes well in Massillon...perhaps a 96.350 isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1