DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

1 minute ago, EricS said:

2010 is the last great show for PR IMHO and it hasn't ever gotten the praise it deserves.  

Agreed, great show from beginning to end. 

• Like 2

OMG.... look at the incredible field coverage in Blue Stars show.  They are not just doing drill... they are doing it very well.

• Like 1

My theater audience last night liked Blue Stars a good deal.  Some of that may have been generational given the Carpenters music.  But also I think there's just a whimsical charm to it that works well as well as the generally melodic music.

2 minutes ago, EricS said:

2010 is the last great show for PR IMHO and it hasn't ever gotten the praise it deserves.  

But they use it every year for the "THIS COULD BE YOU!" ads they play during shows. How much more praise can you ask for?!

13 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Two spaces up, one to the side. Or one space up, two to the side. Both are legal moves.

I think I missed the joke.

I was referring to the bangles song walk like an Egyptian

• Haha 1

At the beginning of the season, I didn't think much of this Blue Stars show, but they were totally committed to it and turned it into something special.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EricS said:

I couldn't agree more.  It's one of my top 5 shows ever.  The entire production was incredible and the soloist was simply spectacular.

• Like 2

With the costume trend in DCI, and which has led to the guard and corps with same design with the costume, is that a good choice? I like to see destination between the units.

17 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Thats a great score for Troopers! We didn’t need a judge for us to see that they outperformed SCVC today!

You’re darn right. This SCVC trumpet dad could tell they mailed it in; I was surprised the gap wasn’t bigger. 

There are a lot of drum corps rookies in this group who have never toured and a lot of youth too versus 2017. 

• Like 1

The big smiles on the two soloists during ballad hit had our theater cracking up last night. But I guess it can't be helped. This show does have me grinning like that at certain moments.

• Like 1