The Cadets 2019

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

That rumor has been floating around since cadets 2 first year. It’s not happening, Cadets 2 (IMO) has become a crucial component of their success and such a stronger organization in its own right the past couple seasons 

this was the first time I heard it since 13...and I heard from alumni of both 1 and 2. I think cutting them loose is a stupid move

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Do you mean the way BD fans rumor that SCV will fold?   Reading and Cadets2 are in contention again for DCA aren't they? or did White Sabers start the rumors?

alumni started the rumor

I love the fact that they played very high brow interesting music. the last thing I want is to hear more pop garbage. more than half the corps this year played stupid pop music. even shows I liked sort of played insipid drek. 

Even if it's the same Bernstein  stuff at least it is interesting music.

If you want to hum stuff home with songs you are familiar with go to a BOA  show. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

this was the first time I heard it since 13...and I heard from alumni of both 1 and 2. I think cutting them loose is a stupid move

I’m am sure they grew concerned as the new leadership made it clear everything was going under a fiscal review etc

i was surrounded by C2 parents at the last Cadets ensemble rehearsal I attended. That was Saturday of DCI east. In the past I get the vibe they were made to feel like Cadets ugly step sister. But wow what a great group of parents and members in their own right

that was also the Saturday of Allentown, Cadets were on fire at that rehearsal and then tore up the stadium that night

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I agree.  C2 brings a lot to the table.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I’m am sure they grew concerned as the new leadership made it clear everything was going under a fiscal review etc

i was surrounded by C2 parents at the last Cadets ensemble rehearsal I attended. That was Saturday of DCI east. In the past I get the vibe they were made to feel like Cadets ugly step sister. But wow what a great group of parents and members in their own right

that was also the Saturday of Allentown, Cadets were on fire at that rehearsal and then tore up the stadium that night

the creator of said vibe is gone

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Not all alumni are created equal.......lol

agreed. thats why i am choosy which ones I hang around with, even from my own corps

• Like 1