George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

34 minutes ago, garfield said:

Pitchfork tines are sharper than proof and conviction, apparently.

(Sorry HockeyDad)

First few months of my current career (looooong time ago ) ran into this. Next area had guy standing by himself and no one going near him. Turned out he was going to be tried for assessory to murder but employer couldn’t get rid of him until found guilty. He just kept showing up because he was bored....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

43 minutes ago, garfield said:

Pitchfork tines are sharper than proof and conviction, apparently.

(Sorry HockeyDad)

In your opinion, did DCI HOF act in haste removing him prior to his day in court?

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

First few months of my current career (looooong time ago ) ran into this. Next area had guy standing by himself and no one going near him. Turned out he was going to be tried for assessory to murder but employer couldn’t get rid of him until found guilty. He just kept showing up because he was bored....

He must have been quite popular at lunch break.   "Hey guys, let's go sit with the accused murderer..."  :lol: 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

He must have been quite popular at lunch break.   "Hey guys, let's go sit with the accused murderer..."  :lol: 

Oh yeah he was found guilty too. Belonged to a gang who beat someone to death in bathroom of a state park. Boredom boy was the lookout. 

Kind of like watching Psycho and not wanting to take a shower. Didn’t want to go to a state park for a while.😧

• Haha 2

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh yeah he was found guilty too. Belonged to a gang who beat someone to death in bathroom of a state park. Boredom boy was the lookout. 

Kind of like watching Psycho and not wanting to take a shower. Didn’t want to go to a state park for a while.😧

I can only imagine the side eye that guy was getting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, here we are, almost one year later. And George Hopkins remains in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame. 

Why?

no conviction?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

The world drum corps hall of fame isn't associated with DCI correct? Isn't it also run by really old people? Maybe they are waiting on their dial-up internet connection so they can update their Geo-Cities website?

Just saying that no one in their right mind should give a care about the world drum corp hall of fame.....in fact my guess is that 99.9% of even rabid drum corps fans even know that it exists.

correct, it is separate from the DCI hall of fame

So the WDCHOF is pretty much a useless entity that nobody knows about nor should care about?  I don’t have a problem with that idea. I do find it a bit of cognitive dissonance that the DCI HOF removed GH nearly a year ago yet the WDCHOF has not. Nobody seems to even care enough to actually discuss it. Fine by me. I shall consider the WDCHOF not worth anyone’s time or effort. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

Executive Board

President: Rich Templin

Vice President: Bob Findley

Administrator: Larry Hershman

Executive Secretary: Robert Zarfoss

Treasurer: Rich Warga

Membership Chairman: Ed Teleky

Public Relations Chairman: Roy Wilson

Merchandising Chairman: Roman Blenski

Chaplain / Historian: Bill McGrath