A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

17 minutes ago, garfield said:

PSU is a state univ that dwarfs DCI.  PSU is governed by a completely different set of P&P than DCI.

Who is the Executive Director of PSU that the fans are trying to skewer?

I'm not seeing the parallel, Jim.  Sorry.

The parallel is both groups followed the almighty policy and no one ever contacted legal authorities to protect the youth. And oh yeah, image image image uber alles.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

33 minutes ago, garfield said:

Head of youth activity is alerted to predators, confers with his Board.

His Board, via whatever communications avenue available to them, convened and/or summarily decided that Dan's response was to alert the corps and then let the director take further action according to the corps' counsel/board/staff.  

Sure, Dan can, and probably did, bring it up to the voting membership.  They then decided as board members whether or not to address the issue and, if so, how.

Once they decided, then informed Dan to "...take this course..."

"...just following orders..." is surprisingly accurate when you understand the governance structure of DCI.

And you know that is what happened... how?

of course as long as they followed the procedure of talking amongst themselves (and nothing else) then the hands are clean right? No legal need for DCI to alert local authorities that a registered predator is at a DCI event so no problem.

Really DCI didn’t have to do anything legally so they should be proud of the organization right? And that’s another PSU parallel, doing the legal minimum and acting so #### clean about it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The parallel is both groups followed the almighty policy and no one ever contacted legal authorities to protect the youth.

And was it Dan A's responsibility to alert the authorities or was it the director of the corps that hired the offender?

Or was there a requirement at all that "authorities" were to be contacted?

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

of course as long as they followed the procedure of talking amongst themselves (and nothing else) then the hands are clean right? No legal need for DCI to alert local authorities that a registered predator is at a DCI event so no problem.

Really DCI didn’t have to do anything legally so they should be proud of the organization right? And that’s another PSU parallel, doing the legal minimum and acting so #### clean about it.

These are all very legit questions, as were Jeff's.

But we can't speculate about their answers and we can't then use those speculative answers as a basis for action against a man who's career and reputation hang in the balance.

If it ain't fact, it's just speculation.  Remember?  That thing that Dan was supposedly inflaming with his preview of another story?

Just now, garfield said:

And was it Dan A's responsibility to alert the authorities or was it the director of the corps that hired the offender?

Or was there a requirement at all that "authorities" were to be contacted?

Legally depends on the law at the time who has to contact. I know PA tightened that up after PSU and not sure what jurisdiction this would fall under.

buy personally having a fall back of “legally I didn’t have to do anything so not doing anything is ok” is obscene. Especially when you build your organization up as being a healthy youth activity. 

Would love to know what DCI board and DA knew and when.

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I never said < I > know that's what happened.  I said I was told by someone who was there that THEY believe this is what happened.

Really, "of course, as long as they followed the procedure..."?  So, if Dan followed "procedure", and the Board followed "procedure", then all's good?

Thank you.  We can now close this thread.

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

These are all very legit questions, as were Jeff's.

But we can't speculate about their answers and we can't then use those speculative answers as a basis for action against a man who's career and reputation hang in the balance.

If it ain't fact, it's just speculation.  Remember?  That thing that Dan was supposedly inflaming with his preview of another story?

So the post I responded to started with “head of youth activity confers with the board”. Is that your speculation as coming across as a defense of DCI actions

nevermind just read the post above.

personally Details of what dci knew and what they did or didn’t do would be enlightening.... and possible very damaging. But after PSU the idea of “I did what I had to legally.... period” is sickening. Legal yes, moral #### no

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

DCI can take credit and will get blame for the tour's success and their effectiveness at spreading the message and mission of the activity as the BoD have best defined the metrics of their success.

The drum corps themselves can decide whether they, as a co-op of drum corps, have a right to be proud, or not, with Dan's office's ability to manage those two jobs well.

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Really, "of course, as long as they followed the procedure..."?  So, if Dan followed "procedure", and the Board followed "procedure", then all's good?

Thank you.  We can now close this thread.

No sarcasm emoji on this phone  when I typed that.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Help me out here.  What law was Morgan Larson breaking while with the Kilties?

I am currently under the impression there was no law being broken, because if there was, people would/could/should have gone straight to law enforcement instead of writing letters to Dan Acheson, Gil Silva or Scott Stewart.

You do understand the laws governing sex offenders right?

• Thanks 1