George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

How one chooses to gather their information. knowledge, or just pass the time of day or whatever,  is really not anyone else's calling, imo. So suggesting what " we " should all do in this regard has " we " look like busybodies. Its frankly none of our ( " we " ) business where people choose to spend their private time reading/ posting with others in the social media.

BRASSO you could be picking on the new guy that likes GH. I don't know how to write any other way I am not telling anyone what to do or think. It's not personal. There was a question there. Question is dci in a downward spiral and are they doing enough for groups such as Metiza to look on them in a positive light again?  It's not about me or you we now have a reputable women's origination sending a negative message. Were will the MMs come from as this stuff spreads across the net. Parents follow these sites women link these to Linkin as accomplishments. 

32 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

BRASSO you could be picking on the new guy that likes GH. I don't know how to write any other way I am not telling anyone what to do or think. It's not personal. There was a question there. Question is dci in a downward spiral and are they doing enough for groups such as Metiza to look on them in a positive light again?  It's not about me or you we now have a reputable women's origination sending a negative message. Were will the MMs come from as this stuff spreads across the net. Parents follow these sites women link these to Linkin as accomplishments. 

You had multiple questions for us in your thread above and thus I only picked up on the first question you posed for us and replied to that.

As for Metiza,  I would not have the foggiest idea what it might take for them to " look on DCI favorably again ", as I don't know them from a hole in the wall. But since it appears you have such interest in this organization, why not contact them directly yourself with any of your questions and or concerns as it relates to their articles re. what is happening in DCI ?  I did not find their article posted there a " negative message ". I found it pretty much accurate reporting, much of it reported already in other outlets. If DCI finds itself in an environment that is reporting articles that are " negative ", so long as the reporting is accurate, I see no problem with the reporting from the reporting organization's side.  Do you ? 

I don't pretend to know what this all portends for the future of DCI, as I suppose this will depend on what happens over the next year or two. These bad behaviors people, and their enablers, were in DCI for apparently a lot of years. The solution then is not going to be solved overnight, imo, nor will we know the ramifications of this until we see how it is handled by DCI, and its member Corps, moving forward.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

As for Metiza,  I would not have the foggiest idea what it might take for them to " look on DCI favorably again "

IMO It will take for Tricia L Nadolny to publish a positive press release about Drum Corps. Then healing can begin and dci & Tricia attend a Metiza Conference. Yes I do care that the news cycle is going in the wrong direction. I like attending drum corps shows.

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Who is on first.     😀

"Hey Abbott!!!! "  :laughing:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

94 or 194, choose the farms to drive by. Bonus taking the back way from york through spring grove 

Spring Grove... is that where the paper plant is???

Went by that plant a while back... thank God for the "inside air" button on the car.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

IMO It will take for Tricia L Nadolny to publish a positive press release about Drum Corps. Then healing can begin and dci & Tricia attend a Metiza Conference. Yes I do care that the news cycle is going in the wrong direction. I like attending drum corps shows.

She did a positive story about The Cadets after she attended the Allentown show. 

https://whyy.org/segments/allentowns-famed-cadets-rise-again-after-months-of-scandal-and-tumult/

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I'm pretty sure this kind of transformation and deep realization, if genuine, would leave me uninterested in making so public a pronouncement.

Truth! Show it by actions and deeds, if one does, they don't have to say a word. 

1 John 3:18. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1