George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

She did a positive story about The Cadets after she attended the Allentown show. 

Thanks it shows she wants to find the good in the activity. We need more of that and less of the negitive.

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks it shows she wants to find the good in the activity. We need more of that and less of the negitive.

It’s not her fault if there’s negative.  Maybe drum corps should clean up it’s act and then she can write more positive articles.  I’m guessing she’s probably had hundreds of people contact her.  Is she supposed to ignore them?

There have been hundreds of positive articles written about drum corps over the years. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

This is a pretty gross thing to say.

"The negative" needs to be exposed and removed. Ignoring this stuff just shows the victims that you don't care about what happened to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not her fault if there’s negative.  Maybe drum corps should clean up it’s act and then she can write more positive articles.  I’m guessing she’s probably had hundreds of people contact her.  Is she supposed to ignore them?

Well said.

If that means reporting on "bad stuff" about drum corps... then she's just doing her job. Period.

She is under no obligation whatsoever to "balance" her current reporting with a positive piece. "Press releases" are for PR people... not news reporters.

If her editor comes to her and says "we want you to do a positive piece about drum corps"... then it would be her job to deliver such an article.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The borg lives. 

Yeah, we had a swarm of TBDBITLbots here on DCP when the OSU director got canned for lack of institutional control and good sense. They didn't like it when someone linked the 24 page report OSU did on the whole mess and we fired back. Then... various places had the Joebots out this way. Now we got a Georgebot.  

Would be interesting if that mess would have happened after MeToo, and to see how many people would have flocked to that director's defense now. Just thinkin'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

There have been hundreds of positive articles written about drum corps over the years

I am not blaming her just pointing out that she sets the bar on this issue she is our champion. When The Cadets stepped up and did the right thing and moved in the most positive direction possible. She was there to praise them. Why is everything about blame we all have a common goal here?

Since then she documented more negative truths about the activity and clearly does not feel that dci has done enough that they are ready for praise. That should be of concern to dci, what still needs to be done not just for her but she is a voice of reason and is fair. Her input should be of value to dci.

The hundreds of past articles about drum corp are great. The positive spin needs to be towards today's issues how dci overcame the sexual abuse problems. That will help keep the MMs flowing into the activity. 

3 minutes ago, BigW said:

Would be interesting if that mess would have happened after MeToo, and to see how many people would have flocked to that director's defense now. Just thinkin'.

I really hate to be cynical, but since I’m having that kind of week, I’m going to have to say plenty. 

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

I am not blaming her just pointing out that she sets the bar on this issue she is our champion. When The Cadets stepped up and did the right thing and moved in the most positive direction possible. She was there to praise them. Why is everything about blame we all have a common goal here?

Since then she documented more negative truths about the activity and clearly does not feel that dci has done enough that they are ready for praise. That should be of concern to dci, what still needs to be done not just for her but she is a voice of reason and is fair. Her input should be of value to dci.

The hundreds of past articles about drum corp are great. The positive spin needs to be towards today's issues how dci overcame the sexual abuse problems. That will help keep the MMs flowing into the activity. 

Seriously, I give up. 

Anyone? 

• Confused 1