George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

It’s all disgusting. the man, the actions, his justifications, his discovery of God...etc. Hopefully he’ll be in the slammer for a decade or two and we can forget about him

Edited by FTNK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I cringed when I read the “now defunct Cadets2”.  I was thinking exactly WHY are they “now defunct”.   Him,  perhaps? 

He’d have run in the red... look at the deficit 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The question of how far back does the dci police go is interesting. By way of comparison, how far back did society go with Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey for example. There was no - ok, starting *right now* you can’t do that anymore.  No, wrong was wrong regardless of when in the continuum of time the weak dci policy was written. So, as regards Fred Morrison and whether he KNOWINGLY hired the stripped-of-his-teaching-license Joel Moody before or after the weak dci policy was crafted, I don’t see that it matters. Fred stepped down from dci ED position. Ok. That’s halfway there. He needs to be gone from the Crossmen too. 

I’m personally with you but the laws are unclear 

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I hear you but my wife will still drag me to Church this weekend.

I got that little confused meme from Jeff, I am not talking to myself. 

I see you are confused so am I. The rules on DCP make the site great. Was on a drum corps REDDIT site and some idiot said they had 14 identities and was there to cause havoc.

There are rules about religion and politics and there are Wordly Issues affecting dci.  Where could these issues be discussed if DCP didn't exist? 

Should we ignore FB and only restrict ourselves to news reports, is Tricia's tweeter feed OK? Things being discussed on Reddit #MeToo, ?

Metiza is a positive online community focused on young women inspiring and encouraging one another to be their best selves. What shows up is a lengthy article with a big picture of 2018 Cadets shedding a negative light.

https://metiza.com/need-to-know/report-shows-misconduct-harassment-and-bad-hiring-practices-widespread-in-drum-corps-international/

The press lines up their headlines for effect upfront is - harassment and sexual abuse of women and underage people in dci. Folks reading this don't know what dci stands for, then see it as a bad thing. 

I post things for discussion. Question is dci in a downward spiral and are they doing enough for groups such as Metiza to look on them in a positive light again?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

3 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

He

Who is he?

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Who is on first.     😀

Sounds like we are at a concert. Arrived late to concert and the sign said Doors open at 7 Govt Mule at 8. Made a big thing about missing The Doors, they didn't get it.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Should we ignore FB and only restrict ourselves to news reports, is Tricia's tweeter feed OK? Things being discussed on Reddit #MeToo, ?

How one chooses to gather their information. knowledge, or just pass the time of day or whatever,  is really not anyone else's calling, imo. So suggesting what " we " should all do in this regard has " we " look like busybodies. Its frankly none of our ( " we " ) business where people choose to spend their private time reading/ posting with others in the social media, or what newspapers, TV news outlets, books, Association's website's, etc are writing for the public's consumption there, nor who chooses to participate, nor " lurk " there ( or here on DCP ).

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, JohnZ said:

Yes, there are.  thanks to MikeD and you all for steering the discussion back to within the guidelines.  Thread has - I think - been cleaned up.

Carry on....on topic, within the guidelines, please.  thanks!

I know there is always room to disagree about how the rules are interpreted or implemented. But I like that DCP has some reasonable folks paying attention and stepping in as they believe is warranted. I don’t mind trading off a little free expression for a little sanity. Thanks mods.

Did I just say DCP is sane?