George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

This is a pretty gross thing to say.

Why when The Cadets did good she gave them praise. Where others don't there is someone there to point that out. Am I saying to hide the past negative not at all? What I am saying is do more right things going forward and there will be less negative truths to find. The perception of the activity will be positive.

18 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I am not blaming her just pointing out that she sets the bar on this issue she is our champion. When The Cadets stepped up and did the right thing and moved in the most positive direction possible. She was there to praise them. Why is everything about blame we all have a common goal here?

Since then she documented more negative truths about the activity and clearly does not feel that dci has done enough that they are ready for praise. That should be of concern to dci, what still needs to be done not just for her but she is a voice of reason and is fair. Her input should be of value to dci.

The hundreds of past articles about drum corp are great. The positive spin needs to be towards today's issues how dci overcame the sexual abuse problems. That will help keep the MMs flowing into the activity. 

DCI hasn’t overcome anything. Just last year we still had issues.

Our “common goal” is to root out the predators and make drum corps safe for young people. For the first time... well, ever. Anyone who ever marched in this activity has their own stories. We were all in on it. Drum corps has been a toxic environment since the beginning. If we want to clean it up, it’s gonna get ugly.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 1

Just now, jeffmolnar said:

DCI has overcome anything. Just last year we still had issues.

Our “common goal” is to root out the predators and make drum corps safe for young people. For the first time... well, ever. Anyone who ever marched in this activity has their own stories. We were all in on it. Drum corps has been a toxic environment since the beginning. If we want to clean it up, it’s gonna get ugly.

And we shouldn’t be “shooting the messenger”.  We should be thankful for her great work. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Just last year we still had issues.

Ok I with you, let's hope this year will be better. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with the people who allowed our youth to be preyed upon for decades. But Tricia is not the one to direct your ire.

Why do you think that? I called her our champion, who is angry with her? All I want is to support her efforts to figure out what it would take for her to see enough positive steps by dci that it's time for praise. There must be an endgame and she is it, the goal line where these issues are behind dci. Her focus is speeding that process along and she will be key in pushing dci in the positive direction..All good things. 

14 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

No, Tricia is a fine young women who is inspired to serve the community to report the story as she interviews ‘One’ side of this story.  Everyone has been speaking / gossiping THAT side of the story. It’s human nature! It was human nature for George to choose to deal with these Alumni the way he did. The more he focused on the corps and ignored them, the angrier they became. I don’t believe these people are bad, just felt they deserved to have a seat at the table. They absolutely did deserve to be included. But over the years it just kept escalating... the hurt feelings, the anger, the gossip, it was all consuming.  They felt they were stockholders in a company not giving them any dividends and wanted a leader that brought them in. George choose to keep their escalated state as the kind of energy to keep away from the corps. He saw the dis-ease in this escalated state. From death threats to constant harassment of himself and anyone close to him, even I received a death threat! They wanted him OUT! As I said, this didn’t have to happen this way but they weren’t aware of his desire to find a way to change this course. He felt constantly attacked and was carrying the weight of the corps and YEA on his own shoulders... their gossip to convince the world of his horribleness was non-ending. When THEY marched did they have this kind of attacks happening to their corps?  I don’t think  so... back in the day their house was not divided!  A house divided will not stand. They just wanted him to resign and he would not admit to raping anyone.  So destruction pursued...  but He started praying and looking for peace in the Fall of 2017.

There's another forum where I post on a different subject entirely. When I see a post like this there, I start looking for weird typos or odd informational gaps that confirm the commenter is actually writing in from a cubicle farm in St. Petersburg. Obviously that's not a possibility here, since Yevgeny Prigozhin has no reason to be interested in drum corps. Still, style points to you. It suggests that there's something universal about a certain kind of contrary take.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Hockey Dad, I am not Hopkins. I marched 27 in 79  My name is Rosanne Foradori. I speak for myself. Thank You. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Why do you think that? I called her our champion, who is angry with her? All I want is to support her efforts to figure out what it would take for her to see enough positive steps by dci that it's time for praise. There must be an endgame and she is it, the goal line where these issues are behind dci. Her focus is speeding that process along and she will be key in pushing dci in the positive direction..All good things. 

Your kidding us.  Her focus is not "speeding that process along".  She's a reporter who has a story that she has sunk her teeth into and is doing her job.  Others will be responsible for speeding the process along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2