George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

Ok, it’s my understanding the livestream viewing rights are for DCI to grant/sell, such as Flo-Marching has an agreement. But if a corps itself wanted to place cameras in its members and sell this live viewing to subscribers/virtual members... that would not be allowed. I could be wrong, I just thought that was how DCI sanctioned shows rolled.

Neither DCI, nor any corps, 'owns the rights' of any material which is Copyrighted by another entity. They can seek permission to record, broadcast, or livestream performances, but that permission must be granted by the Copyright Holder.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Don't forget, the charges made that are being prosecuted are ONLY about what happened to two women...only the two women still within the statute of limitations. None of the rest of this has anything at all to do with the upcoming trial. The rest of the Hoppy/YEA stuff is irrelevant in the legal sense. Of course, it plays a good part in the public discussion here and elsewhere, but it is not what he is being prosecuted for. Testimony by some of the earlier victims may play a role in establishing past behavior, as happened in the Cosby case, but the actual case is only for what he is alleged to have done to the two women he has been charged with assaulting. 

Actually the YEA stuff will play a part in the financial case

4 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Not at all true. His attorney has stated that they are going to trial. Skipping the prelim just shortens discovery. No loss for the defense.

According to legal zoom and other online resources the majority of the time it means the defendant wants to save legal fees and is going to plead out. I know nothing about the law but don't always believe what lawyers have to say either. It could be posturing on their part still saying that or outdated comments not knowing what George was going to do (afford). 

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

Ok, it’s my understanding the livestream viewing rights are for DCI to grant/sell, such as Flo-Marching has an agreement. But if a corps itself wanted to place cameras in its members and sell this live viewing to subscribers/virtual members... that would not be allowed. I could be wrong, I just thought that was how DCI sanctioned shows rolled.

Dci gets $$ from flo to broadcast and Flo pays for the rights to broadcast it from the license holders

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

I think all of the other women who came forward were outside the statute of limitations. At least, one of the articles I just reread today stated that.

Also jurisdiction as not all happened inLehigh county

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Not at all true. His attorney has stated that they are going to trial. Skipping the prelim just shortens discovery. No loss for the defense.

Not always. Limiting discovery has pitfalls 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dci gets $$ from flo to broadcast and Flo pays for the rights to broadcast it from the license holders

Speaking of which, Jeff Fran and I should be the personalities for at least one show....  :laugh:😋

• Haha 1

Just now, BigW said:

Speaking of which, Jeff Fran and I should be the personalities for at least one show....  :laugh:😋

Nope. Not without TVMA clearance and a bottle of Jack at the desk

• Haha 1