George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dci gets $$ from flo to broadcast and Flo pays for the rights to broadcast it from the license holders

I have been made aware that FLO is now stepping in on DCI's behalf and are taking shows/vids off of YT. There are so many moving parts what 3 or 4 licenses. Rights to fielding the music a theatrical license for the theater, a streaming license for FLO and media rights for BluRay & CD. Most of the time DCI/FLO is asking permission from the artists.

What I don't understand what does FLO or DCI have to do with policing the internet, they are not the original rights holders of any of the music? It's the MMs music they paid and played the show but can't have their hard work displayed on YT while most other music is readily available. At this point, dci is no better than the rights holders holding back the music for their own profit. It would be interesting to have a thread reviewing the MM contracts to see what they may be forfeiting, it's their music, not the booking agents.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Nope. Not without TVMA clearance and a bottle of Jack at the desk

OK... let's make that work!!!!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

it's their music, not the booking agents.

Maybe I don't know anything about this either, but it still stinks.

29 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

OK... let's make that work!!!!  LOL

"We do not represent any opinions other than our own and represent no other organizations but ourselves. That being said, pass that bottle and let's see that first corps!"

• Haha 3

Well, I know this is off topic but I was thinking of ways corps could raise money by offering virtual membership by subscription to be a part of corps life and performances... basically reality drum corps. App / subscription only. Oh well. Obviously not during performances!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, I know this is off topic but I was thinking of ways corps could raise money by offering virtual membership by subscription to be a part of corps life and performances... basically reality drum corps. App / subscription only. Oh well. Obviously not during performances!

maybe start another thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I It would be interesting to have a thread reviewing the MM contracts to see what they may be forfeiting, it's their music, not the booking agents.

There is nothing in the " MM Contracts " about forfeitures of " their music ". The MM's do not " own the music ". They are provided the music to be played in the shows for primarily instructional purposes in their judged competitions among other competition units. There are no " booking agents " involved, as the MM's are not professional, For Profit, Musicians. About a quarter of the MM's that are contracted by Corps in DCI do not musically play any " Music " at all in their performances either. So I do not believe we need to start scrutinizing " MM contracts " in DCI to see what potential " music rights " of theirs is being forfeited in any way, as I do not believe any of the MM's are currently forfeiting any of their " music rights " at all with their participation in DCI Drum Corps.

Now... back to the thread topic.... " George Hopkins Charged with 2 Counts of Sexual Assault " by the Lehigh County District Atty's. Office in the State of Pennsylvania.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Actually the YEA stuff will play a part in the financial case

That is a totally separate item, obviously, and not part of the criminal case with the two women.

The financial lawsuit really swings on whether or not his 'resignation' was legit. If not, and the new admin/board's firing of him for cause is upheld, then his claim goes away. 

• Like 1