single seat tickets for finals is a joke!!!

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Crown’s capabilities in ticketing was one of the three pillars of competence on which the G7 plan to dissemble DCI was based.  Those who needed to know were fully aware - even back then - that Crown had the ticketing “magic sauce” , and they chose to charge DCI with the task instead, specifically because the potential “profit” would then be distributed to all member corps and not just Crown.  A classic error of institutional arrogance that prevents sound business decision-making. 

Let no one doubt, from my humble opinion, that Crown Tickets is far and away the single best ticketing solution drum corps has (and not just DCI).  

Crown Tickets is built, run, and managed by drum corps people, first and foremost, who provide service to other venues and events as a result of their successful drum corps experience. 

Everything we ticket-buyers spend at Crown Tickets stays IN DRUM CORPS.  How can that in any way be worse for drum corps than paying $ out to Ticketmaster?

DCI should NOT be in the ticket business so long as there is a better solution (on almost ALL fronts) available from within the activity.  

IMO

very cool. this was not publicly known. you'd think THEY'd advertise it more

3 hours ago, garfield said:

That said, and even in consideration, it's not likely that the OP's problem would be solved by Crown doing tickets.  His issue is one of availability.

And back on topic a little, I haven't seen anyone answer how far down the blocking goes in the center section.  Someone mentioned the 600s for semis (I thought they closed that), and down in row 3 for finals (one of those crazy people who keep ear plug suppliers in business), but how much of the center is available on the TM website for people to buy?

Sorry, I really have no idea.

when i last bought tickets for Indy, closest I could get in the bottom two levels was the 40

21 hours ago, MikeZ said:

I got great tickets through ticketmaster at 12:00 pm yesterday afternoon. 2 tickets row 3 section 140 on the 50 for finals and 2 tickets on the 50 section 640 for semis. 

The process worked great for me...other than the 510.00 I had to fork over.

Z

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas for that! :whistle:

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 7:58 AM, garfield said:

I haven't fought the crowds to buy tickets since the '80s so I wonder, is it possible to buy "middle-middle" through TicketMaster considering all the blocked out seats?

Again, since the '80s, I've always presumed the whole center, top-to-bottom, was blocked out.  (Except right down on the field where crazy people sit :-) )

Remember, BITD, DCI processed all the tickets themselves.  Then, well, what's there now.

Can they do better?  Well, it's a fact that there's a particular Top-12 WC drum corps that has a FABULOUS ticket program that's cheaper, faster, and better than DCI's option with TM (IMHO).  Personal service, with high-tech, high-touch service people who work to find ways to make customers' lives easier and more profitable, while earning a profit to help finance their Championship drum corps.

I'm sure they'd be happy to take over the job of ticketing if they could only figure out how to not enrich themselves with their wonderful creation because, after all, the activity doesn't want to do that now, would they?  Sure seems TM is an unbiased solution by overcharging everyone equally!

Off my soapbox, where this subject just burns my feet every time I think of it.

Still doesn't guarantee the OP a seat on the 50, I guess.

where crazy people sit :-) ) ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Crazy person, present and accounted for.   👋 

Since I sat 15 rows or so above you, does that make me crazier or less crazy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1