“Failure to Protect”

“Nearly half of the World Class Drum Corps” and disgraced instructors then go to corps. Crap meet fan and how safe would you feel sending your kid to a corps with this information.

Reminds me of sexual prevention training at my church 20+ years ago. Was told Scouts and other youth groups are getting their act together on weeded our predators. So the predators are LOOKING for groups that don’t check. You don’t check you’re putting a target on your group. Looks like music teaching predators found their target 

• Thanks 1

On a related note that just showed up on msn.com. Boy Scouts May file for bankruptcy due to falling membership and sexual abuse lawsuits. Just spooky timing I see both within 5 minutes 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

On a related note that just showed up on msn.com. Boy Scouts May file for bankruptcy due to falling membership and sexual abuse lawsuits. Just spooky timing I see both within 5 minutes 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reap what yea hath sown

• Like 1

“Having a set policy takes away the ability for individuals to explain away or to rationalize a hiring decision,” said John C. Patterson, a former staff member of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center who has consulted with many nonprofits on youth safety issues. “The person might be the best bugle instructor in the world. But yet if he places kids in danger ... then he shouldn't be part of that organization.”

784833.jpg?b64lines=IEFuZCBwdXQgeW91ciBn

Centipede continues to drop shoes... sadly, this is not the end of these stories...