“Failure to Protect”

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Why are we even discussing all these extreme vetting processes when the activity can’t even keep out the people who have documentation showing them to be unsuitable to teach, march, or volunteer with drum corps?  They haven’t gotten past step one yet. 

yup. i do think some of the suggestions listed have merit tho for cracking down on vigilance on who comes in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Why ? And if so, why did the Corps mgt apparently leave this apparent bad apple behind in that local communities School's gym overnight for " days " before his flight out of there ? I looked back here on DCP's threads and discussions from this summer and saw no posts about this alleged incident that you stated above had posts here on DCP about it this summer. Don't know why I'm not seeing it on here now . Was it deleted by DCP mods because the rumor could not be verified as accurate ?

I remember a member left in an emergency room by himself but don’t remember this either. Possibly someone dumped at an airport but not sure

53 minutes ago, Stu said:

In the name of safety here are the next generation of DCI uniforms:

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/chinese-schools-enforce-smart-uniforms-with-gps-tracking-to-surveil-students

Man... talk about Big Brother. Holy mackerel.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... talk about Big Brother. Holy mackerel.

To be fair, uniforms like that would help members conclusively prove that they are indeed on their dot. 😊😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Galen said:

To be fair, uniforms like that would help members conclusively prove that they are indeed on their dot. 😊😀

yes, but you can't give them a shock if they aren't on their dot, otherwise that could constitute member safety issues

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

True. But you have to walk before you can run.

hell I am waiting for DCI to crawl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I remember a member left in an emergency room by himself but don’t remember this either. Possibly someone dumped at an airport but not sure

Young man at Pio with the infection IIRC, real mess.

• Thanks 1