“Failure to Protect”

20 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

No examples the comment is referring to a general conception by some posters that any social media monitoring of staff will affect the rights of the innocent people who participate.    

There has been only one poster on here... you... that stipulated ( inaccurately, imo ) that DCI is about to monitor the social media communications of its potential staff hires with the requirement of the submission of " their passwords ".  Not " other posters " stating  this.  And its only been you, that is suggesting that the innocents are "standing in the way" of DCI providing better safety for their MM's. No they're not. And its just you that is suggesting that the innocents will have to give up some of their privacy rights granted to them in their Bill Of Rights if MM's are to be made more safe in DCI. No, I don't believe this either.  The innocents" are not the problem here, nor is it  necessary that they be required to give up any of their Rights, in order to have a safer environment for MM's in DCI. DCI can be made safer for MM's and without the innocents giving up their Bill of Rights privacy and other protections in order to accomplish this, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

The innocents" are not the problem here,

And either am I. It's a discussion dci did mention that online reviews were part of the plan. Neither of us knows what that entails. I researched the topic and have personal experience on what this could mean. You are telling me to duck my head in the sand and ignore dci's online review comment like it's not there but it is BRASSO.

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

And either am I. It's a discussion dci did mention that online reviews were part of the plan. Neither of us knows what that entails. I researched the topic and have personal experience on what this could mean. You are telling me to duck my head in the sand and ignore dci's online review comment like it's not there but it is BRASSO.

Your personal experience with this " on line review " DCI press release had you convinced that it would require the submission of social media " passwords " to DCI of its hires. I stated DCI did not state this in their press release however, and stated I doubt this would pass Constitutional muster, and likely not something DCI is about to do.. I also did not state, nor suggest, that you " duck your head in the sand and ignore their on line review comment "  from their press release. You posted what you think it means, and I replied then to what you posted about it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Your personal experience with this " on line review " DCI press release had you convinced that it would require the submission of social media " passwords " to DCI of its hires. I stated DCI did not state this in their press release, and stated I doubt this would pass Constitutional muster, and likely not something DCI is about to do.. I also did not state, nor suggest, that you " duck your head in the sand and ignore their on line review comment "  from their press release. You posted what you think it means, and I replied to what you then posted about it..

Thank You, it would have been fun if we were ever peers on the same team and I bet it would have been a very successful team at that.

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is anyone on here going to the big DCI pow-wow (aka Januals) later this month?  Would be good to have a report that is not filtered through DCI.  Would be even better to have someone there asking the hard questions

What are the chances the powers that be just ignore it, don’t discuss it, act like everything is business as usual and stick their heads in the sand?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thank You, it would have been fun if we were ever peers on the same team and I bet it would have been a very successful team at that.

I appreciate the thought. But reading your comments on here so far, I get the impression you'd give me up in a heartbeat if somebody asked you for my password or something else private, and it could advance your career if you did so. So, no thanks on the teamwork suggestion.

Besides, the perverts and their enablers utilized the " teamwork " line to demand to not tell anybody of their misbehaviors and criminal activities with individual youth. That the knowledge of bad behaviors by staffers with those youth in their charge might " hurt the future success of the team " if it went from private to public knowledge.   You and Me, Bluzes probably would get along just fine working solo, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

What are the chances the powers that be just ignore it, don’t discuss it, act like everything is business as usual and stick their heads in the sand?

IMO, The setting for the meeting was alluded to in the last press release. Where they picked apart the bad press pointing to their resolve in their own press announcements. They indicated there will be a focus on awareness training and proper vetting. We can only hope the gathering goes way beyond that in private meetings and examples are set. That's not something they would put in a press release. The pressure is sure on them to do so. Ignore I don't think so, outwardly project that it's business as normal and announce some resignations, maybe?

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I appreciate the thought. But reading your comments on here so far, I get the impression you'd give me up in a heartbeat if somebody asked you for my password

Nice, but I don't think we be that close to be swapping passwords. I am loyal though been married to the same women for 46 years. Never had to rat on anyone but being the boss I know a lot of folks that did. Get a dog they like me that's all you need to know about a person.

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Nice, but I don't think we be that close to be swapping passwords. 

But remarkably however, you believe that DCI is about to do so re " passwords ". You have us believe that you are in favor of things such as this too...  as its " the innocents standing in the way " of better safety for MM's by " the innocents " insisting on their privacy protections in the process of providing such enhanced safety features for MM's.

Edited by BRASSO

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

But remarkably however, you believe that DCI is about to do so re " passwords ". You have us believe that you are in favor of things such as this too...  as its " the innocents standing in the way " of better safety for MM's

It's not a belief like I said we don't know, yet. So I researched this online found out that it is a State by State issue. So here is what giving up your passwords for dummies says.

The first widely publicized case of an employer asking an employee to hand over his social media password happened in Maryland. In 2011, state Department of Corrections employee Robert Collins went to his recertification interview, where he was asked to provide his Facebook password. According to news reports, Collins then had to sit there while his interviewer scrolled through online posts by his friends and family, apparently looking for anything that might conflict with his duties as a corrections officer. It would be remised if I didn't mention that Maryland has now passed a law where this is not required, to BRASSO's point.

Since Maryland passed its law in 2012, many other states have followed suit. Nearly half of the states (including California, Virginia, and Illinois) now protect applicants and employees from having to provide social media passwords to employers or otherwise give employers access to their accounts. More states consider passing these laws each year.
Companies in Maryland still ask for them and you sign your rights away in the employment offer. Say no to a big promotion if you will but someone else equally qualified that complies gets the job. This is too much fun because then BRASSO would be working for me.

Edited by Bluzes
typo