“Failure to Protect”

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I ask because you seem to have appointed yourself an expert on all they should do regarding online presence

I knew it was not like you welcomed my input. An expert on what? Advice totally related to the subject matter that exists on the internet. Facts that dci is in the 7% of companies that don't check online presence and their press is alluding to changing that. That opened sourced software is available to those that can easily reverse engineer for profit. So these individuals slip through the huge hole in the dam. I am not to here to make anyone's day better other than the kids on tour. 

1 hour ago, Spartans87 said:

the Fred Morrison situation, because it is as egregious as it could get in my opinion

It would be diffcult for me to just walk away. IMO Fred put this target on his back, he needs to man-up do the right thing. dci needs to cut it's losses to move forward with confidence. That could mean they suspend Crossmen for the minutes it takes for them to fire him then reinstate and help Crossmen regroup. Short of that the targets on Dan and the BOD just gets bigger.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So you’re saying make a copy of the data and then you decide what gets saved and who sees what. Meanwhile you still have the original data out there that can be checked.

dang sounds like part of my job (well picking out what data gets pulled/copied to be reused)

Not a copy per say but it works at the higher IP levels where routing tables reside and handoffs occur up where your work takes you. Hope you didn't help Fred with any internet issues a while back.

I am accused of bringing Future Big Bother Issues to light. I won't do that anymore. So I go to the well-respected web/magazine Business Insider and what do I find, I already commented that this stuff upsets folks on DCP and to cut it out.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I am accused of bringing Future Big Bother Issues to light. I won't do that anymore. So I go to the well-respected web/magazine Business Insider and what do I find, I already commented that this stuff upsets folks on DCP and to cut it out.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4

You're utilizing China as your model of what the Gov't/ employers should do to snoop on its citizens  in hopes of achieving more safety within the populace ?   China ? Really ?  Why not North Korea for your example in that neck of the woods ? Don't they do a much better job of snooping on people and keeping their citizens in line ?  No " Bill of Rights " individual  liberty issues in either China or North Korea, no siree. I suppose by your utilizing these Individual Liberties repressive societies as your model of what Big Brother can do, we should abandon our Bill of Rights Protections and model ourselves in the future like them ?  What things do you like in this article that China is doing that you believe that DCI should adopt in order to achieve better safety for its marchers in the future ?  Otherwise, what is your point in citing an article on what China is currently doing in advanced, sophisticated snooping on its citizens ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

Well hades China and some other places turn off google at their whim so problem solved

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well hades China and some other places turn off google at their whim so problem solved

Theres always the " reeducation camps " for those misguided innocents who insist on using the gov't banned social media too. Thats been known to work too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

You're utilizing China as your model of what the Gov't/ employers should do to snoop on " the innocents " 

Now I know some of my financial instruments are invested in this infrastructure, (making a boat load of money) that bothers me. Instead of blaming dci for what ever they have planned requarding Privacy. I may take the fight to a higher level. Out of respect and keeping this related to dci I will not comment any further on how this scares the heck out of me.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Now I know some of my financial instruments are invested in this infrastructure, (making a boat load of money) that bothers me. 

Ya, like the ability to divest in such investments is next to impossible for you, right, bluezes ?.. so you have to share with us that these investments that "are making you a boatload of money bother you ".

I can feel your personal pain that you've been bothered by such infrastructure investments in China. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by BRASSO

31 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ya, like the ability to divest in such investments is next to impossible for you

I bow to you on anything financial. I knew I sent the wrong message with making a boatload of money the individual stocks are I am not. Mine are tied up in hedge funds, 2 pension funds and IRA's. Simple portfolio dashboards of the funds show you the winners and losers among the stocks in the funds so I know. The vendors China is using to build this are doing well. I plan on questioning that like I would if I found out my investments were funding child labor. 

Edited by Bluzes