“Failure to Protect”

18 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I will totally ignore the gaping hole, Fred created in the vetting process, that others may use these services to find employment in drum corps. I will ignore that the school districts just push these individuals out the door making dci a last resort to continue their livelihood, that dci should not use these same resources to help protect the kids. That comments in their press releases should not be open for discussion. That posters on DCP need to join the hive so not to be attacked,

Ok. Sounds like a plan for yourself anyway, Bluezes. Do as you wish moving forward. Its still a free Country.

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Great I will get a grip. I will totally ignore the gaping hole, Fred created in the vetting process, that others may use these services to find employment in drum corps. I will ignore that the school districts just push these individuals out the door making dci a last resort to continue their livelihood, that dci should not use these same resources to help protect the kids. That comments in their press releases should not be open for discussion. That posters on DCP need to join the hive so not to be attacked,

Fred created nothing as those services have been out there about as long as social media itself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Fred created nothing as those services have been out there about as long as social media itself. 

Fred Morrison abused the services ( if the news report is accurate).  He did not "create" them to properly vet an applicant. Bluezes apparently misses the point. Morrison utilized a service not to properly vet an applicant, but instead paid them to bury the guys bad behaviors from being witnessed by others. That tells us that Morrison must've known himself that if the info on the guys shady background became known to parents/ DCI, it would prove problematic for Morrison. The " innocents  arn't standing in the way" of enhanced safety for MM's in DCI as Bluezes insists.  Thats absurd. People currently in DCI like Fred Morrison are " standing in the way " of better safety in DCI, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Here is a suggestion... why not wait until its clear what DCI HQ intends to do,  instead of any of us here attempting to decipher what a line in their press release we think might mean ?   I really don't think that applicants for future positions in DCI have to be concerned with pictures on social media of them " hugging their neice " and similar. I mean, lets not be silly here, nor go overboard in worrying about such inconsequential stuff. DCI currently had (  or  still has ) a problem with people with known and verifiable inappropriate contact and bad behaviors with minors and other young adults where they abused their trusted positions, and their enablers, apparently finding a safe haven in DCI. That should be the focus here, imo.  The " innocents " that have social media innocent pictures of themselves " hugging their neice " and so forth have virtually nothing to worry about here, imo.  Such attempts at distractionary and irrelevant concerns do not advance the discussion here on how to handle the problem people and their enablers, imo. The " innocents" have little to worry about, imo. and they're not" standing in the way " of better safety implementations for MM's either. Get a grip, Man..

I heart you

38 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Great I will get a grip. I will totally ignore the gaping hole, Fred created in the vetting process, that others may use these services to find employment in drum corps. I will ignore that the school districts just push these individuals out the door making dci a last resort to continue their livelihood, that dci should not use these same resources to help protect the kids. That comments in their press releases should not be open for discussion. That posters on DCP need to join the hive so not to be attacked,

Fred issue isn’t related to 95% of your last several pages of big brother fears and attempted rationalizations. 

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

I am aware of that but never thought it would come up in dci as a way to keep your job. I went to legal advice websites where labor lawyers are telling their clients to either label the photo of them hugging their niece or take it down, or holding a beer in too many photos and of course, any reference to drug use in the past can cost you a job opportunity today. I am just the messenger. It's good advice not meant to offend or for me to be psychoanalyzed about. Some folks wish they got this advice 20 years ago because they are getting fired today for their old posts. Things that were just part of growing up maybe innocent stuff then in their day, but are now enough to get you fired.

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Fred Morrison abused the services ( if the news report is accurate).  He did not "create" them to properly vet an applicant. Bluezes apparently misses the point. Morrison utilized a service not to properly vet an applicant, but instead paid them to bury the guys bad behaviors from being witnessed by others. That tells us that Morrison must've known himself that if the info on the guys shady background became known to parents/ DCI, it would prove problematic for Morrison. The " innocents  arn't standing in the way" of enhanced safety for MM's in DCI as Bluezes insists.  Thats absurd. People currently in DCI like Fred Morrison are " standing in the way " of better safety in DCI, imo.

Wouldn’t say he abused this service. More like he found some scum buckets to do something shady. Would love to know how they supposedly did it.

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I am aware of that but never thought it would come up in dci as a way to keep your job. I went to legal advice websites where labor lawyers are telling their clients to either label the photo of them hugging their niece or take it down, or holding a beer in too many photos and of course, any reference to drug use in the past can cost you a job opportunity today. I am just the messenger. It's good advice not meant to offend or for me to be psychoanalyzed about. Some folks wish they got this advice 20 years ago because they are getting fired today for their old posts. Things that were just part of growing up maybe innocent stuff then in their day, but are now enough to get you fired.

I’m not talking about services that scan your social media footprint. I’m talking about the scum FM supposedly hired to bury that footprint.

to he blunt if people are surprised stuff they posted years ago can show up now they ain’t that smart. And if there are backups even deleted stuff can turn up

As for corps/dci checking it’s another way to look for warning signs. Unless dci wants you to change the security settings or get access they can only see the material you allow everyone else to see. So not private info

Edited by JimF-LowBari

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wouldn’t say he abused this service. More like he found some scum buckets to do something shady. Would love to know how they supposedly did it.

Big mistake Jimbo your asked a question, here is what I found out about the hows and what it will take to seal the cracks.

I spoke to a neighbor friend who owns a forensic discovery firm has large business clients. His firm comes in to electronically cover an issue. Company getting sued, his firm gathers all electronic communication concerning the subject matter so his client can access liability. He said that his company would not do that for individuals but he can to refer me to those that do, (what has DCP been feeding him about me to think that?)Basically any controlling/routing data can be altered so they mask themselves from search engines. Time stamps can be altered, GPS photo data can be altered. It will not be till Block-Chain IP Routing is in full use that this will change.
Without Block-Chain support BitCoin would not exist. Banks want to use Block-Chain so they don't need to shut down your online access so they can post your direct deposit. Not for us, it's only off for a millisecond but their servers are stressed with doing this for every customer. There is a fix that will develop slowly but for now, the internet is the wild west.