In The News – Ex-Allentown Cadets Director George Hopkins Waives Hearing On Sexual Assault Charges

9 hours ago, FTNK said:

this is the worst Law & Order: SVU episode ever

This could span several episodes. I think someone posted the O/U odds as 2 1/2 more dci's before the jury comes in. I would still take the over.

For what it's worth I found this at the link below

Question

When does it make sense to waive the preliminary hearing?

Related Ads

Answer

A defendant may decide, after consulting with counsel, to waive the prelim. This allows the case to proceed to trial (though not immediately). The reasons the defense might waive the right to a preliminary hearing include:

The defendant intends to plead guilty and wants to avoid publicity (and expense, if the defendant is represented by private counsel). more at link

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-does-sense-waive-the-preliminary-hearing.html

• Thanks 2

One that strikes me is defense is worried the witnesses may become so anger at the defendant during the preliminary hearing that they will refuse to talk to defense lawyers. Enough anger already I’d think

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One that strikes me is defense is worried the witnesses may become so anger at the defendant during the preliminary hearing that they will refuse to talk to defense lawyers. Enough anger already I’d think

Anger, I seen justice. The vid of George doing his perp walk was classic. He said no comment "AT THIS TIME" twice. Talking about having your finger in the dike. Holding that narcist and ego back, not much egotistic admiration left. Real Karma 

Edited by Bluzes
a typo

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Anger, I seen justice. The vid of George doing his perp walk was classic. He said no comment "AT THIS TIME" twice. Talking about having your finger in the dike. Holding that narcist and ego back, not much egotistic admiration left. Real Karma 

Wonder when the scruffy "I still got it" beard came off and who suggested it. 

Compare the pic of him in the original article looking all in control and his run over look now. Thinking beard and look changed so he looks less able to control people.

Cosby suddenly using a cane at hearings comes to mind

57 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wonder when the scruffy "I still got it" beard came off and who suggested it. 

Compare the pic of him in the original article looking all in control and his run over look now. Thinking beard and look changed so he looks less able to control people.

Cosby suddenly using a cane at hearings comes to mind

These are all common lawyer tactics. Look at gang-bangers who in court look like choir boys as they are cleaned up. No mystery there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

These are all common lawyer tactics. Look at gang-bangers who in court look like choir boys as they are cleaned up. No mystery there! 

Thought so too just wonder if anyone else had the same idea

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

Ironically, the most vicious serial killer in American History to ever prey on Women ( Ted Bundy ) looked like a clean cut All American type from the 60's Up With People theatrical/ musical group.  Looks can be so deceiving.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1