New Tweet by Our Favorite Reporter at a Major Metropolitan Newspaper

3 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

"When you come to a fork in the road take it"!  I think Tricia has found many yet to be disclosed forks in the road and her staging has been excellent thus far..  Your probably 100% right regarding the NDA's.

While I would not be the farm on this, non disclosure agreements are often not holding up when challenged in court. I know of a case where parents signed a non disclosure agreement on behalf of their child, but when he turned 18 and spoke about the incident, the perpetrator tried to sue and lost. Then again you also have a famous celebrity who was charged with wrong doing and the non disclosure agreement could be why he was exonerated and lawsuits have been threatened against someone who is now claiming sexual assault. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The investigatory report by the newspapers, its subsequent reporting and public reading, and then the legal and repercussive activity that follows that, will likely follow its own due course, irrespective of what we say among ourselves here, imo. What is told to her, she will attempt to corroborate and have confirmed by others with intimate knowledge of events ( most of us here and on other social media sites don't fit that bill ). She will report what she believes is solid. These things take take to to nail down as solid once she initially receives the info ( or She later dismisses as speculative at best. ) . What she has revealed so far, in her reporting seems solid, and substantial already however....(and sad too, imo.). 

having talked to her, she is very thorough. she even brought up old posts I made here I had totally forgotten about. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, why IS the failure to protect thread locked?  Or still locked?  Whatever the correct way to ask this question is for the parsing police. It’s almost as if we are trying to make the optics look as bad as we possibly can. What a disaster. 

It's bad enough enough that people care more about optics than solutions.  Are we now to define optics based on how things can be made to appear by the most outrageous conspiracy theories on Reddit?  

If we don't want the thread always having to be shut down for cleanup, perhaps we should engage in civil discussion rather than violating the rules we all agreed to on refraining from personal attacks (like suggedting someone with a different perception of facts or viability of solutions is personally in favor of sexual abuse). 

Perhaps if people attacked the problem with as much zeal as they attack other posters, we would be farther along in solving it.  

Truth sometimes requires courage and civility sometimes require strength.  Let's all be the best people we are capable of being and rise to a level of character worthy of the importance of the issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It's bad enough enough that people care more about optics than solutions.  Are we now to define optics based on how things can be made to appear by the most outrageous conspiracy theories on Reddit?  

If we don't want the thread always having to be shut down for cleanup, perhaps we should engage in civil discussion rather than violating the rules we all agreed to on refraining from personal attacks (like suggedting someone with a different perception of facts or viability of solutions is personally in favor of sexual abuse). 

Perhaps if people attacked the problem with as much zeal as they attack other posters, we would be farther along in solving it.  

Truth sometimes requires courage and civility sometimes require strength.  Let's all be the best people we are capable of being and rise to a level of character worthy of the importance of the issue.  

I’m not sure what your point is or if you’re taking a shot at me - which would be funny as you claim to be expounding on the need to be civil. So are you accusing me of violating the rules / making personal attacks?  If so can you show me where so I can clean up my act?  Thank you. 

48 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m not sure what your point is or if you’re taking a shot at me - which would be funny as you claim to be expounding on the need to be civil. So are you accusing me of violating the rules / making personal attacks?  If so can you show me where so I can clean up my act?  Thank you. 

Reads like a Garfield type reply.  

45 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I do not think you were the example(s) he had in mind, HockeyDad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

he has a point, and not specifically aimed at you. Plus things were linked to that thread that didn't belong there. It did get heated, thus it got locked. And the admin team has jobs besides babysitting DCP, lives, families, friends....so your need for 24/7 instant DCP administration isn't always an option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I was merely commenting on the subject matter I understood your post to be about.  Nowhere did I accuse you of personally attacking anyone.  Neither that post, nor this one, was taking a shot at you.

i thought my post was pretty clear, but perhaps I have lost all touch with reality, as DCP has more and more begun to feel, to me, like a pineapple upside down world where extremity is treated as rational and rationality is treated as extreme.  

On the bright side, I do like pineapple.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I was merely commenting on the subject matter I understood your post to be about.  Nowhere did I accuse you of personally attacking anyone.  Neither that post, nor this one, was taking a shot at you.

i thought my post was pretty clear, but perhaps I have lost all touch with reality, as DCP has more and more begun to feel, to me, like a pineapple upside down world where extremity is treated as rational and rationality is treated as extreme.  

On the bright side, I do like pineapple.

Ok. Thanks