Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

True. But we really do not know if " nothing has been put in writing to back up the claim ", by the reporter as there has been no follow up to her article re. Morrison, and DCI has refused her future interviews ( likely under atty. advice ), and DCI makes no mention of the reporter's claim, nor has DCI even written a statement that they will even investigate such a serious charge on one of its current Corps Directors.

I don't believe this allegation on Fred Morrison is likely to be dropped by this reporter any time soon either ( even if us DCP's never bring it up again ) So it seems likely that DCI will have to respond at some future time to this serious charge anyway. Or else, the reporter will have to retract her findings, given new info on it. One or the other, it would seem to me.

if Tricia had paperwork showing it, i feel pretty confident she would have posted it, as she did Lotz's emails. It all boils down to hearsay, and if DCI says "Fred did you do that" and he says "no I did not", then without anything on paper showing otherwise, what can they do?

I hope she does dig harder, and she finds something that backs that claim up. I'm not a Fred fan since everything came out, and I'd be more than happy to see discipline of some form happen. I have even stated my case to alumnus friend whose daughter was thinking of marching there that, well....is that really the best place? Granted they eat better than you did when you marched and push the buses less.....you want your kid marching with him as your director?

But "someone saw something" isn't much in the way of evidence

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI shouldn't have to speak on behalf of Fred. Fred should speak up

Maybe. Maybe not. If what the reporter says is accurate, and he denies it, he does not know what additional info this reporter might have to confirm her findings ( the receipt itself ?). Then he is sunk. But if the report is bogus, and he did not do this, then yes, by all means he should be refuting this to the rooftops, and loud and clear that this allegation is bogus and untrue.

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if Tricia had paperwork showing it, i feel pretty confident she would have posted it, as she did Lotz's emails. It all boils down to hearsay, and if DCI says "Fred did you do that" and he says "no I did not", then without anything on paper showing otherwise, what can they do?

DCI has not even put out a statement that states something to the effect that " we talked to Fred, and he denies it ever happened " however.

Fred Morrison has not even publically denied the charge as far as we know. Has he ?  If it was me, and I did not do what was reported in a major City newspaper, I sure as heck would speak up on my behalf to let the world ( including DCI HQ ) know that I that did not do this, as alleged in this investigatory piece.

Fred Morrison is supposedly not a shy, reticent and reclusive person, ...is he ?

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

what we said here had no impact. The other 15 corps were already in an outrage and working on moves before it ever hit my email. The other 15 corps received a lot of support from fans that probably only hung with front runners prior to that, but nothing we said or posted here affected anything, because if the other 15 had just laid down like sheep, it would have gone through regardless of what we said. The other 15 made change happen, not us, and they were already in motion  before they even left that room.

Public sentiment had a lot to do with how things transpired.  It forced the 7 to walk back their position publicly with the PR campaign "just TOC shows, nothing else to see here".  It gave the 15 the courage to follow through on those actions they were talking about.  

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

"right" and rules aren't always in lockstep when it comes to armchair quarterbacks on drum corps chat forums

...uh, exactly. That's the point I've been making this entire time.

Just because something is a rule (or law), doesn't make it morally right.

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and no i am not implying social media has no power in general. But tell me when social media has once influenced DCI? Don't say recaps, because their own staff members and directors #### all over that decision and abused it all summer themselves.

The fact that DCI put out a "statement" at all regarding Arsenal is due to social media. They wouldn't have published anything in the first place if they weren't getting dragged on Twitter.

Social media creates awareness. "#####ing on the Internet" created awareness. Drummie McDrummer might bring something up to a director later on which influence a particular change, but he only became aware of the issue in the first place from people on social media. "The conversation" is an important part of the process. "#####ing on the Internet" is an important part of the process.

DCI isn't some magical organization that is immune to social media power dynamics. It still relies on corporate sponsors, private donors, and the general goodwill of the fanbase. Social media has the power to destroy those things.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I am talking real people, not troll accounts

The thing that bothers me the most is that he is blaming people who are outraged  by sexual assault and harassment in the activity for “destroying an activity I’ve loved since I was a kid”.  

Imagine being so small-minded that his personal enjoyment of drum corps takes precedence over the safety of members.  I just can’t. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe. Maybe not. If what the reporter says is accurate, and he denies it, he does not know what additional info this reporter might have to confirm her findings ( the receipt itself ?). Then he is sunk. But if the report is bogus, and he did not do this, then yes, by all means he should be refuting this to the rooftops, and loud and clear that this allegation is bogus and untrue.

Then DCI should say nothing either until confronted with proof beyond someone said they saw something several years ago.

I'm not denying it happened, i believe it most likely did...but you need more than hearsay

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

They are readily available to him, and he should have made sure he was familiar with them as part of his application process.

Is this dci's plan to fix the Health & Saftey issue don't leak this to Reddit it will open the kids eyes even wider than they are now? What reimsurence the kids get from DCP not.  This is right out of Loony Tunes. Just put on a happy face and lie to them so this current bunch at dci is held harmless. The way dci's responsibility comes and gos on liability who would let their kids join a corp. This is not the time to put dci's true intensions in writing just to deny folks in New Mexico their rights. The defense protrayed on DCP over this one issue flies in the face of anything good dci is trying to accomplish. Can't you see the double standard that folks in New Mexico deserve no consideration, them kids don't mater. All over rules he read but still didn't get enough from that for him to see they were he was violating.them. Then his lawyer can point to all the rave reviews on DCP and Reddit didn't catch. And you expect me to buy into your heartless post, get real the posters on DCP are real people too with minds of their own.