Sign in to follow this  
garfield

DCI LEAVES (downtown) INDY!

Recommended Posts

Maybe it's just me.... but what's the big deal about an organization moving its HQ to a different building in a different part of the same area?  Not sure this is such a major event here.  LOL.

The spice company McCormick has been headquartered in Baltimore County, MD, not far from where I live, for decades... they recently moved into a new HQ building a few miles from their old one, in the same county. And the world didn't end. :tongue:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Maybe it's just me.... but what's the big deal about an organization moving its HQ to a different building in a different part of the same area?  Not sure this is such a major event here.  LOL.

The spice company McCormick has been headquartered in Baltimore County, MD, not far from where I live, for decades... they recently moved into a new HQ building a few miles from their old one, in the same county. And the world didn't end. :tongue:

Anyone would move from dun-tun Harrisburg to the burbs my first thought would be “yeah parking” and then lower blood pressure not driving thru the city.

Have a lot of businesses playing location hopscotch west of the city. Number 1 reason given is cost of rent.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Maybe it's just me.... but what's the big deal about an organization moving its HQ to a different building in a different part of the same area?  Not sure this is such a major event here.  LOL.

The spice company McCormick has been headquartered in Baltimore County, MD, not far from where I live, for decades... they recently moved into a new HQ building a few miles from their old one, in the same county. And the world didn't end. :tongue:

it could be they need more room. it could be costs. it could be a combination of things. in the end, if it's not killing DCI, who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it could be they need more room. it could be costs. it could be a combination of things. in the end, if it's not killing DCI, who cares?

Exactly.

It would be a bigger deal if they were moving to another city or state... but this is same town, different address.  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

Exactly.

It would be a bigger deal if they were moving to another city or state... but this is same town, different address.  LOL.

well it is the offseason, so i guess we need some kind of drama in between court dates

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tim K said:

I can think of two good points that would not be deal breakers, but are bonuses. One, I don’t know how many people work at DCI Headquarters, but my guess is that in Downtown Indy, that means paying for parking. I would see this as a free parking zone. If they did start having to pay for a lease, this looks less lavish than a downtown office suite and far less than what they have today. Appearances are important and often speak volumes. This looks more appropriate for a nonprofit. Regarding noise, I live near railroad crossings with about twenty inbound to Boston and another twenty outbound trains  out of Boston, and after a while you barely notice. 

I've heard that the downtown space they have is woefully inadequate, in addition to being in a horrible building (I think they lost their A/C for most or all of last summer), and in the basement of that building no less. The parking thing is probably a lot of it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to figure out why there are three pages of posts discussing why DCI has moved its office a few miles. I guess "offseasonitis".  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I am trying to figure out why there are three pages of posts discussing why DCI has moved its office a few miles. I guess "offseasonitis".  

Hey I thought today’s fans were supposed to embrace change lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I am trying to figure out why there are three pages of posts discussing why DCI has moved its office a few miles. I guess "offseasonitis".  

no new court dates or Philly.com articles, tho a big thing on Reddit about Southwind I am amazed hasn't hit here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no new court dates or Philly.com articles, tho a big thing on Reddit about Southwind I am amazed hasn't hit here

Curious what that is? I was just on Reddit and only see things about open spots and a chef cooking their food?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.