George Hopkins settles civil suit with YEA

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/george-hopkins-yea-settle-civil-suit-regarding-compensation/996003334

I'm new to the board but didnt see any thread about this story. What does everyone here think about George Hopkins? He was a legend for decades and is now undergoing a fall from grace

1st post.  Is that you, George?

Old news covered to death. Close

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

Never heard of the guy. Does he have something to do with Drum Corps ?

He was the corps director for the cadets for decades. He has been under some fire for sexual abuse allegations though none of the women who say he raped them went and got a rape kit done after the fact. To me it seems like this is a smear campaign to take down a great legend from our activity, similar to kavanaugh and the allegations against him that never amounted to anything

Edited by DrumCorpsLover

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Old news covered to death. Close

Whoa there big guy. Settlement of the civil suit is old news?  When did this happen?  I must have been not paying attention.   Oh, back in January. Huh. ...  never mind. 

Edited by HockeyDad

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Whoa there big guy. Settlement of the civil suit is old news?  When did this happen?  I must have been not paying attention.   Oh, back in January. Huh. ...  never mind. 

If you check the date of the article the OP linked, you'll see Jan. 31, 2019.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DrumCorpsLover said:

He was the corps director for the cadets for decades. He has been under some fire for sexual abuse allegations though none of the women who say he raped them went and got a rape kit done after the fact. To me it seems like this is a smear campaign to take down a great legend from our activity, similar to kavanaugh and the allegations against him that never amounted to anything

Similar, except for... (everything).