Colts 2019 - When Hell Freezes Over

Wacky scoring tonight aside, Colts are going to be FUN to watch this year!!! When they clean (which all corps have to do of course), add the closer and other nuances, things will get very, very interesting! 

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Have colts ever beat Phantom?

CorpsFans.com says that it has never happened, although they do list the Colts as "winning" over Phantom in the early-season Kalamazoo, MI show in 2013 due to Phantom getting rained out.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

This show has serious legs to me!!! I would not be surprised if they made a serious jump in the next few shows. I’m seriously hoping they do, because I love to see the old “stay off of my lawn” DCP cronies get their Depends in a bunch! 

• Like 1

Finally finally FINALLY a video has been posted!!

I really love what I'm seeing this year. Yes, this isn't in the vanilla, pleasant-as-pie show vein we're used to seeing from them, but I love that they're breaking out of their design comfort zone. Reminds me of their '14 & '15 shows "talkie" shows in the sense that it's bold and fresh and very much outside of their wheelhouse (in the best of ways). This show really has some legs!! And if last year taught us anything, it's that Colts can REALLY clean like no other the last week of the season when the design is there. They've got an extra special show this season, and I can't wait to see how it cleans up.

Edit: figured out the closer, "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (duh). I was trying all night to figure it out, because it's very hummable, and my non-musically-trained and not-at-all-a-Bob-Dylan-fan husband walked in and said "oh, Knockin' On Heaven's Door. That sounds good." So, Colts are obviously doing something right. A recognizable, melodic closer and a very clear show concept with tons of brass meat to boot. The staff has remained in place for a few seasons, including guard, which was their one caption that made the top 12 on Friday night last year, so I'd say they're currently in a pretty good spot, as long as they keep cleaning. It's a big show with a ton to work on over the next month. Best of luck, Colts!!

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 1

If they can do some meticulous cleaning and tightening, especially a bit in the high brass and screamers, they could really demolish the “same old colts” trend of thinking! This really is a good show! I would to see them pick up the tempo at the end of the closer and let it all hang out, but that staff has forgotten about more music than I know!😂 I look for them to go 71-72 in Wausau tonight! I’ve got a feeling that this staff has something up their sleeves that their keeping under wraps until around San Antonio! To the brass staff.......KUDOS!!!!!! Keep peeling the skin off my face!!!!!! 🔺🔺🔺

I really like the show this year.  The change in color is effective.  I think they have an opportunity to move up once the show is cleaned.  I like this show much better than some of the shows currently scoring above them.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:10 PM, HockeyDad said:

I never knew hell had dualities. I thought it is...you know...hell. Pretty much THE place from where there is no return and no hope. And no light of hope. Don’t see any duality in that at all, come to think of it. But then I remembered - it’s a show announcement. Just a bunch of silly thoughts put together, really. Then I laughed. 

It depends. If you're talking about Hell in the Christian traditions, then remember that many Christians believe that about 2,000 years ago, a number of souls were released from Hell. So the possibilities for Colts' show depend upon when its story (if any; I haven't seen the show) takes place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell

(Also, as Carolina Crown knew in 2015, in Dante's conception of Hell, the center is in fact frozen.)