Bush 2019

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i said at Landisville could be good....at Peckville I said on it's way...at Reading i thought they were better than the number

Yes, possible in that number, I forget the details on that. My guess would be that they were looking at specific box criteria and felt they were edged on some box threshold at Reading. Especially in Effect.

Potential's a dirty word. Dirtier than the F-Bomb. It's what one does with it. I got that hammered into me pretty early on at Westshore. Might have been Rich. :whistle:

4 hours ago, BigW said:

Potential's a dirty word

My life story LOL. There are so many things I could have been better at if I was willing to put in the time and effort to practice them. I chose.....pool....because I'm dumb. :dozingoff:

13 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yep. From a DCA perspective I know we were always told not to "feed the trolls on DCP" and to leave posting to the senior members of CV (at the time Corpsvets.) As time went on, I understood why, although I found a few good folks insightful and honest. Those are the folks I still post with today like BigW, Jeff, Terri, George, JimLow, Fran and a few others. I'm pretty sure with us all having made our way through the business world we could flame with the best of 'em but we don't. 

On a side note, I love the reviews of shows when they come. But I don't expect them. It's not as if people are getting paid to write them after all. 

Some troll ran Jim off.  It’s a shame because he’s a super nice guy and was a positive contributor.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Some troll ran Jim off.  It’s a shame because he’s a super nice guy and was a positive contributor.

I know. I think we were all on that message trail. Hopefully, he comes back. I can take just about anything that the online community dishes out because of my job, but it gets a little ridiculous at times. 

I still think we need some "Old DCP Farts" shirts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I know. I think we were all on that message trail. Hopefully, he comes back. I can take just about anything that the online community dishes out because of my job, but it gets a little ridiculous at times. 

I still think we need some "Old DCP Farts" shirts. 

I was on RAMD.  I’m flameproof. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was on RAMD.  I’m flameproof. 

I hung around RAMD but I never contributed. But I did some technical writing for Blizzard back in the day and had to manage some of the message boards. Online gamers can bring out the absolute worst in people. Though I will say, a good flame / rant can be exceedingly funny. They just aren't meant for this kind of environment. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My life story LOL. There are so many things I could have been better at if I was willing to put in the time and effort to practice them. I chose.....pool....because I'm dumb. :dozingoff:

From personal experience, you chose it because you were good at it, took pride in it, and enjoyed it. I could have been a mediocre Physicist and likely made a lot of money carrying a Ph.D's clipboard around. I went into Mus.Ed. because I was good at it- but that doesn't matter much to most school admins. Who you know, not what you know many times...

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That sucks. I agree, Jim's a great guy.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 11:51 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yep. From a DCA perspective I know we were always told not to "feed the trolls on DCP" and to leave posting to the senior members of CV (at the time Corpsvets.) As time went on, I understood why, although I found a few good folks insightful and honest. Those are the folks I still post with today like BigW, Jeff, Terri, George, JimLow, Fran and a few others. I'm pretty sure with us all having made our way through the business world we could flame with the best of 'em but we don't. 

On a side note, I love the reviews of shows when they come. But I don't expect them. It's not as if people are getting paid to write them after all. 

the biggest trolls last year at finals were people in the corps and staff

• Haha 1