Lynn, MA - Monday, July 1, 2019

40 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Same judge panel as Lawrence, How can Color Guard between Spartans and 7th Regiment change so much. Spartans drop 4 tenths and 7th climbs 1.7

I think Ms Torchia needs to retire if this is how she sees things. I am no guard expert but was at both shows and Spartans were at least 1.0 to 1.5 better than 7th on both nights!

Scores are back up, and Spartans led 7th Regiment by 0.9 in guard. What was the difference before they took them down?

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Parking was confusing. I ended up parking a half mile away on Broadway.

I was pleasantly surprised at the parking. For the first time I found a spot right away. I always park in the shopping center lot with Eastern Bank, the Dollar Store, and Pennysworth. They’re usually good about allowing for stadium parking and have signs saying not to park in the lots if it is a busy day for the stores. So you go next year, remember the shopping centers do allow parking, but they don’t advertise it. 

• Thanks 1

Another Beanpot is over. Great night to be outside and a great night of drum corps.

Spartans was the first competing corps. Their show is amazing and they are focused. They owned the audience with their ballad.

7th Regiment: show had more of a punch and they were far more confident this evening. They have some excellent soloists. 

Music City: once again a crowd pleaser. I thought Saturday’s show had more impact, but tonight had fewer noticeable mistakes. One 5bing I enjoy about watching Music City is that they enjoy what they are doing. 

Cadets: huge difference between Saturday and today. The Queen’s dress is no longer torn off. There were moments of great power in the brass and it kept people’s interest. I was sitting close enough to the field to see that the kids were picking up on the audiences approval. The percussion was on fire this evening.

Bloo: no one was surprised with the fact they reached the 80-plus mark. A few new additions to the show or if they were not additions, a few small aspects seemed more noticeable. “I Want You/She’s so Heavy” seemed more in control tonight which added to its nuance. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

7th Regiment: show had more of a punch and they were far more confident this evening.

Apparently, a judge was impressed with the color guard? Looking at the captions...

Edit: Never mind, it looks like there was an official score correction. 

Edited by kkrepps

36 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

No Crusaders at The Beanpot ?????  Has that ever happened ????   Sacrilege...😊

2012, 2015, and 2017. 

Music City was a fun show, the mouse characters...very humorous. Engaging music. Lighthearted. No one is murdered in the show.

Cadets were impressive tonight, I saw the premier and didn't think I liked the show, changed my mind tonight. My favorite part was the color guard's water effect under the bridge during "Bridge over Troubled Water".

Bluecoats were just...wow. Sight and Sound spectacular. 

My only minor complaint about the show was very little suspense before scores were announced, no real chance of an upset in placement between them. 

• Like 6

Got to the show late, unfortunately, and missed Spartans, who were excellent in Lawrence.  Everyone else gave rousing performances.  Have not been a big Bluecoats fan in the past, but that changed last night.  Looked and sounded wonderful, and 100% entertainment.  Still some visual cleaning necessary, but watch out.  Love the rhythm that underlies and propels the show forward.  Man, the battery really flies around the field.  Cadets getting better.  Still need many fixes.  Enjoyed both Music City and 7th Regiment much more than in Lawrence.  All in all, a very enjoyable show.  Congrats to St. Mary’s Cardinals Alumni once again.  They always produce a well run show.  By the way, even with Boston missing, the stands were packed.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Scores are back up, and Spartans led 7th Regiment by 0.9 in guard. What was the difference before they took them down?

7th Reg guard score was 6.2   5.8  12.0

Spartans guard was 5.8  5.1  10.9

Announced scores at the show had Spartans 60.45 and 7th  55.75

58 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

7th Reg guard score was 6.2   5.8  12.0

Spartans guard was 5.8  5.1  10.9

Announced scores at the show had Spartans 60.45 and 7th  55.75

DCI lists guard as Spartans 11.8 and 7th Regiment as 10.9. DrumScorps lists 7th as 11.9 and Spartans as 10.9.