New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

47 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

This is a completely different set of circumstances than the GH issue. There is no equivalency here. And there is more to the story. Follow the actions of the guardian.

I’m talking about the Reactions to perceived attacks on the Cadets. Not about the circumstances. The reactions 

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

lots has been leaked into this thread. reading helps

I read it but I guess I’m too stupid. So what’s the full story?

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so the rule is one to a bed, one to a bag. so kids in the bags decided to get in the beds. You're suggesting every room have a chaperone to make sure everyone follows the rules?

Not excusing what happened. Not at all. 

One more time. I’m suggesting removing the policy. That is what i said, right?

But y’all (knowing that I’m right but unable to acknowledge it) want to toggle over to - how would YOU enforce it?  Well, first, I didn’t establish the policy. Enforcement mechanism is not my problem. However, perhaps a few random spot checks could have been performed. And if violations were found, corrected on the spot with a follow up reminder to all MMs at the next “Hop talk” - whatever it’s called today. But again, not my problem 

Edited by HockeyDad

23 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

It is pretty disturbing that people in this thread are spreading hearsay and rumors based on at best second hand accounts with no facts to back them up. Whether what they say is true or not will never be known and it really does come across as the old guard circling the wagons to protect the mothership. As is with most things that is the perception people set when they do this and perception is reality. You do way more harm to the organization that you (Not you Jeff specifically but the royal 'you') are trying to shield in the long run.

Just my humble opinion.....

Since we are sharing humble opinions... here is mine. I am looking forward to the lawsuits that will be filed based on the false claims being made. This would not be a topic of discussion if it were not for the actions of the parent/guardian and the narrative they chose to create (not the factual documents from authorities but their own representations of facts... one could say their own rumors based on second hand accounts or hearsay with no facts to back them up). They (parent/guardian) went out of their way to spread this far and wide through social media. In my opinion, and  based on the reading and some research, they have made claims that they are now going to have to back up with facts or apologize for these statements at best or find themselves in court at worst. If Cadets/YEA did something wrong I would be all over them. Seeing someone trying to prey on Cadets/YEA because of the events of the last eighteen months is just disgusting. That is not being an old guard circling the wagons... it is my reaction as a human being. Calling a spade a spade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I would not assume that everything in the letter is an accurate reflection of the facts. Outside of the independent reports the letter is one version of events. May not be the actual version of events.

As I said, the claim was made, and I have not idea what happened.  Jeff suggested that this was not what was reported "in the letter".  But it was.  I again have not knowledge of who auditioned where, when.  If you KNOW the exact chronology, please share it with us.

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

My guess is she probably had no problem with it being on Reddit.

Probably not it helps promote her issue, especially to those who judge quickly without facts 

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

It is pretty disturbing that people in this thread are spreading hearsay and rumors based on at best second hand accounts with no facts to back them up. Whether what they say is true or not will never be known and it really does come across as the old guard circling the wagons to protect the mothership. As is with most things that is the perception people set when they do this and perception is reality. You do way more harm to the organization that you (Not you Jeff specifically but the royal 'you') are trying to shield in the long run.

If I’ve leaked anything it came from sources that know or information found online, like a go fund me page to help cover tuition for the new corps yet using a Cadets copyrighted material 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Probably not it helps promote her issue, especially to those who judge quickly without facts 

Judging by the comments mission accomplished... not that it is going to help her any...

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

And furthermore: you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone in here more critical of YEA than me since day 2 of DCp. I leaked Atchison on here only for Hop to come defend it..... then oops suddenly Atchison was not longer on staff. So for me to defend YEA while we wait for their lawyered up public response beyond the WFMZ story, I’ll say for the most part they’re clear. A few concerns about those first few days( and to a degree law enforcement if YEA followed their lead, but following the timeline and “facts” as presented in the letter, I feel the worst for the kid whose own #### mother couldn’t keep from outing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have been told on good authority he was cut/released/let go from another corps prior to Cadets or at the same time, then went to his current corps.

Fine, maybe that is true, I do not know.  My only response was to you claim that it was not in the "letter" that he was given three offers after he was rejected, cut, released from the Cadets.  That CLAIM was in the letter.  Maybe it was false, I don't know.  But you said (go back and check) that that claim was not in the "letter".  Again, I don't know the chronology of who auditioned where, when.  I am only making the assertion that the "letter" clearly indicated that he had 3 offers AFTER he was rejected, cut, released from the CADETS.  I showed you in the letter where that CLAIM was made.  It may have been true, false, misleading, whatever.  I do not know.  But reading the TEXT of the letter, the claim was made.  You may have knowledge of where else he auditioned and when.  But you have not shared that, so ????

Hey, you and I are usually in sync.  I'm only asking you to be accurate in your claims of what was in the "letter".  Do you dispute that?  .... That is different from disputing the ACCURACY of what the claim was in the letter.  You may be in a better place to know that than I.