DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, FLBuzcut said:

The Home Depot logo came on right as the Academy were starting and I realize their props are exactly the same shade of orange.

zYpYkbu.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I thought it was Bluecoat Orange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well done, Academy!!!! I think Spirit stays ahead tonight, although I think Academy has the better-designed show, if not more sterile. Colts have a more streamlined design as well, for that matter. But Spirit's brass & percussion is just too phenomenal too drop them tonight, I imagine. Nor do I want to see them dropped!! It will be a very interesting race down to the end between these 3, and to see if any of the 3 can make a move toward 12th.

Just now, Jake W. said:

Well done, Academy!!!! I think Spirit stays ahead tonight, although I think Academy has the better-designed show, if not more sterile. Colts have a more streamlined design as well, for that matter. But Spirit's brass & percussion is just too phenomenal too drop them tonight, I imagine. Nor do I want to see them dropped!! It will be a very interesting race down to the end between these 3, and to see if any of the 3 can make a move toward 12th.

IMHO Colts has a better show and a much better book.

3 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

The Home Depot logo came on right as the Academy were starting and I realize their props are exactly the same shade of orange.

zYpYkbu.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

The bridges remind me of the racks in home depot and walking around forever trying to get someone to help you find something.  Not a good vibe.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lowend said:

Other then the ballad Academy's show was forgettable.  I miss the quirky Academy of the past few years.

Yeah. Felt pretty much off-the-shelf. Academy seemed to have a good thing going with taking a single idea and going really large with it. Bridges are an idea, and they did a lot of bridge-ish kind of things, but not in the way they went all-in for Loony Toons or even (shudder) the Piano Man. They had found a particular way to go all-in, and it wasn't this way.

• Like 1

Still the best drum major entrance of the year....

• Like 4