What would you think if...

7 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

No.

The addition of adjudication tapes demonstrated a lack of consistency in defining 'ticks'.  The move was made to go to a positive achievement based scoring method.  The Tick system as it had become was no longer relevant or adaquate to meet the vision of adjudication.

You do know we had both a tear down execution (tic) and a build up (positive achievement as you put it) BITD? 

Just now, Cappybara said:

Good lord. 

I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer. Large errors, such as an ensemble tear or electronics issues that lead the audience and judges to not hear a portion of the performance and thereby have a significant affect on the effectiveness of the musical performance should have a visible negative effect on the GE and MA captions for that performance. 

Yes, I am not asking for small things such as an early entrance, a member reaching their spot a beat too late, or a trumpet frack during a solo to be penalized because I am NOT advocating for the tick system. I am advocating for issues that have significant effects on the "general effect" of the performance to be reflected on the sheets. I hope this clears things up for you. If not, I am done explaining, sorry. 

This is why the tick system is dead.  It couldn't be defined.  You are having some trouble being specific with your own definition of what constitutes a punitive error.  Those are very general terms... how many seconds constitutes "significant effects"?

Your vision looks like grading long division based on the point at which a single integer was misplaced.

There's a reason why we don't use that system.

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

This is why the tick system is dead.  It couldn't be defined.  You are having some trouble being specific with your own definition of what constitutes a punitive error.  Those are very general terms... how many seconds constitutes "significant effects"?

Your vision looks like grading long division based on the point at which a single integer was misplaced.

There's a reason why we don't use that system.

That's because I'm not asking for that system to be used...?

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

You do know we had both a tear down execution (tic) and a build up (positive achievement as you put it) BITD? 

yep the build up preceded the negative.  What's your point?

Just now, Cappybara said:

That's because I'm not asking for that system to be used...?

Only for certain types of electronic malfunctions that you define.

Edited by cfirwin3

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

You did see I mentioned ensemble tears too, right? You are so laser-focused in on defending electronics that you are missing the forest for the trees. 

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

Some tics are more important than other tics.  ... Didn't Boston do a show about this?

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

yep the build up preceded the negative.  What's your point?

“The move was made to go a positive achievement system” makes it sound like we did not have a build up system in place.

how did one “precede” the other?

7 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

You said they should have been in the context of making an argument that corps are not.

I did reiterate the truth... A factual truth (as we do not have a tick system... But an achievement award system)...

Corps don't show up to get punitive scores.  That's a fact.

In some ways our differences are just semantics. Ticks were just one (quite subjective) way of measuring a failure to achieve.

• Like 1